The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
bryce

Post by bryce »

charliechaplinfan wrote:I have a lovely table centrepiece an original that is quite ornate. We've kept it out of the way of our clumsy second child only for the cat to take a leap too far and pull the whole thing on top of himself and breaking it smithereens. He'd better not expect any treats tonight.
Knowing what little I know of cats, I am sure he then took to prancing around the room slowly, acting all dignified, as if what happened was exactly what he wanted to happen, licking his paws, then sauntering on over to you expecting love. Am I close or way off the mark?
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

bryce wrote:
charliechaplinfan wrote:I have a lovely table centrepiece an original that is quite ornate. We've kept it out of the way of our clumsy second child only for the cat to take a leap too far and pull the whole thing on top of himself and breaking it smithereens. He'd better not expect any treats tonight.
Knowing what little I know of cats, I am sure he then took to prancing around the room slowly, acting all dignified, as if what happened was exactly what he wanted to happen, licking his paws, then sauntering on over to you expecting love. Am I close or way off the mark?
I'd say right on. Certain people think they are the center of the universe.

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Ark, your princess could be sister to her Majesty the Queen, Charlie. Did you know 99.9% of all calicos are female? I had a friend who had a male calico, and the Vet couldn't believe it....
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Actually, I thought all calico's were female. I had no idea that there are any male cali's out there! I'm a sucker for them as their coats are almost like abstract works of art. There's no two the same--of that, I'm sure.

Another pal of mine:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Another royal princess, to be sure! She's beautiful.

The poor male cali was subjected to indignities every time she took him to the vet. I think the vet kept "peeking" to make sure it was a male. And it definitely was. Poor boy....
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Beautiful cat pictures, we call cats with coats like that tortoiseshell cats, I'd heard about nearly all tortoiseshell cats being female. Poor boy cat.

The other of my male cats, Fred, had his manhood removed a few years ago. Needless to say I had to deal with the vets, poor hubby didn't want to discuss it.

Bryce, you are way off mark. Claude knew he'd been a bad boy and went through that cat flap as quick as his rotund body would let him. He's in now, after I went out for him because it's cold outside and I didn't want to be woken in the middle of the night because he hadn't had his tea. We've made up now. Of all the things to break why did he break my favorite centrepiece? Clumsy creature.

This leads me to the question, who are the families who have antiques. From what I know for things to retain a value they have to retain their condition. Antiques mustn't come out of homes with curious children and clumsy cats :roll:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Maybe the people who have lots of antiques started out with so many it doesn't hurt if they lose a few along the way. So far, since I've had these new cats, I've lost a cheap lamp (really no loss), one candlestick holder (now what to do with the loner) 2 plants, and an antique dish. Do you think Grandma will miss it when she comes over?

My husband says it's unfair of me to blame Lizze ( and not Meg ) but she always looks guiltier.

I've got everything as secured as possible but I'm sure another mishap is on the horizon. And yes, Lizzie is a tricolor. All the more reason to blame her.

B

Editing to add the cracked lamp I almost forgot about. I've got it turned against the wall so it's not a complete loss, but...
klondike

Post by klondike »

Here's MY whine:

" . . eeeeeewwwww . . cats . . !"

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

I had a calico several years ago, and she would do bad things and then look at me to see what I was going to do about it, so there! Much easier to have a dog who adores me, albeit has been very costly due to medical problems, and wouldn't think of jumping on the table, or having an accident on the floor to ruin his chances of being the most spoiled dog ever. :lol: We have an understanding, you can't have an understanding with cats because they own you, you don't own them. Give me a dog any day!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

silentscreen wrote:I had a calico several years ago, and she would do bad things and then look at me to see what I was going to do about it, so there! Much easier to have a dog who adores me, albeit has been very costly due to medical problems, and wouldn't think of jumping on the table, or having an accident on the floor to ruin his chances of being the most spoiled dog ever. :lol: We have an understanding, you can't have an understanding with cats because they own you, you don't own them. Give me a dog any day!
Calico's are very spirited animals. I also have three dogs and they definitely know who is running things around the house. As for having an understanding, I haven't found many situations that can't be controlled with liberal use of a water gun. It's also good to teach your dogs to watch over the cats. My dogs know where the cats are allowed to be and if they see them jumping on something or misbehaving, they have no qualms about tattling. Dogs love to work and by giving them a job, you give them purpose and a sense of belonging.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

klondike wrote:Here's MY whine:

" . . eeeeeewwwww . . cats . . !"

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Another person who's never had a good cat. :wink:
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Oh....but the dogs are so neeeeeedy. Loooooove me, Peeeeet me, waaaaalk me, ....get the cat out of my house. Give me medication every 12 hours. Look adoringly into my eyes in case I forgot in the last five minutes that you looooooove me.

B

edited because a cat who is not at all needy was walking on the keyboard
klondike

Post by klondike »

PROOF:

[youtube][/youtube]
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

YOU STINKER!!! I sent that video to you in a weak moment, and now you use it against us!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
klondike

Post by klondike »

knitwit45 wrote:YOU STINKER!!! I sent that video to you in a weak moment, and now you use it against us!!!!!
I am absolutely ashamed o' myself.
:oops:
And in pennance, shall resist hosing my son-in-law's cats from the upstairs porch . . :?

. . at least until August 1st, this year. :evil: