The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Chit-chat, current events
Professional Tourist

Re: The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Post by Professional Tourist »

Masha wrote:Image
Well, here's another bit of feline behavior that escapes my understanding. Why does the kitten want to spill out the milk like this, instead of drink it? :?
Masha

Post by Masha »

Professional Tourist wrote:Well, here's another bit of feline behavior that escapes my understanding. Why does the kitten want to spill out the milk like this, instead of drink it? :?
I am sorry to have to ask: In what universe do kittens make sense? That is not a form of reality within my experience. :)
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Vienna

Post by Vienna »

love that photo of the 'confrontation'!
Professional Tourist

Masha wrote:
Professional Tourist wrote:Well, here's another bit of feline behavior that escapes my understanding. Why does the kitten want to spill out the milk like this, instead of drink it? :?
I am sorry to have to ask: In what universe do kittens make sense? That is not a form of reality within my experience. :)
I don't have much experience with cats or kittens, but I've always thought that they love to drink milk -- that it was more-or-less a universal attribute. That's why I don't understand why the kitten would opt to spill out the milk instead of drink it. I considered that the bowl might be too deep for the kitten to reach the milk, and so perhaps he was spilling it out of frustration, planning to lap it up from the floor. But the bowl doesn't really seem beyond its reach. Well, perhaps what he wants today is a milk bath. :wink:
Masha

Post by Masha »

Professional Tourist wrote:
Masha wrote:
I don't have much experience with cats or kittens, but I've always thought that they love to drink milk -- that it was more-or-less a universal attribute. That's why I don't understand why the kitten would opt to spill out the milk instead of drink it. I considered that the bowl might be too deep for the kitten to reach the milk, and so perhaps he was spilling it out of frustration, planning to lap it up from the floor. But the bowl doesn't really seem beyond its reach. Well, perhaps what he wants today is a milk bath. :wink:
I suspect that you are applying advanced logic to situation. It is kitten. They do not use logic. It does not care if milk is in bowl or on floor or in its fur. It likes milk and it likes play and play does not make milk disappear and so it sees no problem.

I find it sad that you have little experience with kittens. Few things are as precious as having kitten drop dead mouse into your lap. It is display of pride as kitten is now a mighty hunter and it is love for you so deep that it will share its hard-won prize with you.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

I has toeses!

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Professional Tourist

Kitty burritos:

Masha

Post by Masha »

Professional Tourist wrote:Kitty burritos:
Those are so very precious!

They are good practice also. It is often advantageous to: 'wrap a cat' so that veterinarian can examine or treat one part with little squirming or interference. It is often a blessing to have a cat who is accustomed to being so confined. It can be comfort to the cat also in that she will feel secure within her towel.