Happy Halloween!

Chit-chat, current events
Mr. Arkadin

Happy Halloween!

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Hope your fantasies are realized, whatever they might be.

mrsl

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by mrsl »

I just hope the kids can have a happy, safe Halloween. They can never have any like I had as a kid, but if they can just dress up in their costumes and go trick or treating without worrying about razors, or other sicko people it would be so nice. I just hope parents are still taking the candy bags to be x-rayed before letting the kids eat any.

Any one going to a party tonight, enjoy and be careful driving, remember that one safe driver rule!
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I've come back in from shepherding the kids around the neighbourhood, I only let them go to the people I know and most people enter into the spirit of the occasion. They love dressing up and looked so cute.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

What did they dress as Alison? I remember Halloween was so much fun for me as a child.
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:Hope your fantasies are realized, whatever they might be.

Ark, that's a beautiful Australian Blue Heeler or Cattle Dog as they are also known. My friend who has had 3 Search and Rescue dogs, had one of the first Heelers to be registered. Great breed, great dog.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Libby was a witch in a beautiful frilly dress and make up and Joe was Dracula, complete with mask. They looked so adorable and came back with lots of sweeties, so many I've had to ration them today. We took pictures but I'm so bad at keeping up with them at the moment, it'll be next Halloween before they see the light of day!
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I hear that Bud Light makes a rocket ship hurtle faster and float higher! Boy, I love the mixed emotions seen in that dog's expression: shocked, peeved and puzzled simultaneously. Why are these creatures so tolerant of us?

Hope you had a good Halloween too. We had lots of ladybugs showing up at the door. We saw very few real ones this year, (too wet a Spring and Summer), so I guess this made up for it.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

I didn't really notice a theme among trick or treaters this year. Perhaps that was because we had a big rain and the kids just wanted to get the candy and move on.

Among the boys, I'd say there were more ninjas than anything else. Witches were probably the most common outfit for girls. (One lady vampire easily won my vote for the most elegant costume.) One Spiderman and one Superman showed up, but this was not a superhero year.

The sweetest costume was a dinosaur worn by a three year old boy.

Three boys showed up as the Ghostbusters. They even carried a backpack that played the theme song.
klondike

Post by klondike »

moirafinnie wrote:
Boy, I love the mixed emotions seen in that dog's expression: shocked, peeved and puzzled simultaneously. Why are these creatures so tolerant of us?
I theorize that the shock might have to do with worrying about the risk of co-starring with William Shatner.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I just got back from Belize, was there for my eldest's 40th-gulp-birthday party. His birthday is Nov 1, and most of his young years we celebrated on Halloween with a sleep over for some of his closest friends. This year we had a party on the deck of Habanero's in Caye Caulker, an island off the shores of Belize. It POURED rain most of the night, and the little ones who live on the island ran like mad from restaurant to bar (yes) to convenience store to trick or treat. I saw a Darth Vader, an Elvis, lots of skeletons, a witch and Bob Marley. Halloween is EVERYWHERE!! ( I was in a great beach cover up with the body of a 20 something painted on it, bikini,tattoo, belly ring....those were the days....) Those in our party who hadn't brought a costume made something up. Some I could tell you about, most I couldn't :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: So Happy belated Halloween!
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Nancy,
Sounds like a great time!
Did you get to see some pretty weather? B
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

As soon as I can, I will post a couple of pictures. The weather was incredible when it wasn't pouring rain...clear skies, temps in the high 80's, low 90's...paradise.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Closest I've ever seen to Paradise is Central Alaska/Yukon Rockies in June, mid-Autumn in Vermont, and Mazatlan in May.
maricatrin

Sharing Costumes: Karas

Post by maricatrin »

Entirely homemade costume, except for purchased mask (and no, it's not me in there)

It's a little late, but does anyone else have similar pictures to share? I'm really into making costumes, my latest (on and off) costume project is a pirate coat made from salvaged materials ... arrr, matey! :roll: