Thankful

Chit-chat, current events
Birdy

Thankful

Post by Birdy »

To all my SSO Film Friends -
I just want you to know how THANKFUL I am for YOU!
I have lots of things to be thankful for in my life, but I won't blab on about them here; I'll tell the people in my life that those things matter to. And those same people could care less about classic film. (My best friend confuses Cary Grant and Roc Hudson. I guess she tries.)

Classic film is such a big part of my life; it brings me a lot of relaxation to watch my favorite characters and a lot of joy to talk about them with you. Thanks for your insights, your photos, your fun comments and your joie de film.

I hope each of you has a wonderful holiday filled with as much of whatever you want to eat.
And guess what?
It's Fred Astaire Day!
Birdy
knitwit45

Re: Thankful

Post by knitwit45 »

Miss Birdy, you are one of the best things about this place! I'm thankful for you, and so many others. I can't start my day without SSO and a cup (or 3) of coffee! So cheers to all of you, and may you each find something special in your life to say "Thanks, Lord, for my special something".

Nancy
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Just thought I'd add my thanks for your presence on this spot on the internet. I was musing about ways that Thanksgiving was celebrated in the Finnie household (along with all the cooking) and I remembered that Peter and the Wolf (read by Peter Ustinov) used to be a record we always listened to. After hunting around a bit, I found this brief glimpse on youtube, which seems to feature some imaginatively staged live action (including Brian Blessed as narrator). All I have to do is hear those strains of music at the beginning and I'm off...Enjoy!:
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Well I was envious that I was missing out on Thanksgiving but missing Fred Astaire day. Oh no! Poor me.

Birdy, you've voiced what I think about this place, thanks for saying it.

Mistaking Cary Grant and Rock Hudson :roll: well she tries, that's more than my buddies do.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Well, it's not a real big year for thanks for me, but I do wish:

* * HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, ENJOY YOUR DINNERS * *
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

To my SSO Family:

"So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty." Haniel Long, poet

To all of you for putting up and not giving up on us and this site during our Technical Difficulties this year.

Your belief in this site and what it means to all of us is reinforced every day by your presence here.

In good times and in bad, on average days, great days, ho-hum days and especially holidays, we remain a family because of our love of classic movies and the friends we have here.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

klondike

Post by klondike »

I am well & truly grateful for all the things mentioned above, plus for having a day when all 3 phone-lines aren't ringing off their proverbial hooks with employee & traffic control issues!
Mrs. K & I need a break! :|
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Awww...
You all made me get all misty.

Thanks, friends.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

To all of you wonderful Oasisians,

I hope everyone has a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, love and way too much food.

As always, we appreciate your loyalty to our little site and appreciate you bearing with us during our technical difficulties this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

knitwit45 wrote:Miss Birdy, you are one of the best things about this place! I'm thankful for you, and so many others. I can't start my day without SSO and a cup (or 3) of coffee! So cheers to all of you, and may you each find something special in your life to say "Thanks, Lord, for my special something".

Nancy

To ALL of you here, I expand: Thanks, Lord, for all my special someones
klondike

Post by klondike »

knitwit45 wrote:
knitwit45 wrote:Miss Birdy, you are one of the best things about this place! I'm thankful for you, and so many others. I can't start my day without SSO and a cup (or 3) of coffee! So cheers to all of you, and may you each find something special in your life to say "Thanks, Lord, for my special something".

Nancy

To ALL of you here, I expand: Thanks, Lord, for all my special someones
Well & truly put, Nancy!
And if I may expand upon that, please, everyone, take advantage of your little family reunions today to tell every individual member of your families how much they mean to you, and how much you love them - 'cause, without going into detail, let me gently remind everyone, that anyone can be gone from your life in just one single beat of a heart - or the stopping of one.
To all our Beloveds - here and Over There - Happy Holidays, and Welcome Home!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

With that I'll be thinking of you today Klondike. To everyone else thanks so much for making this a great place to visit and making it like another family. You can never have enough.

God bless all of you.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

You are each on my long list of things in my life to be thankful for! I hope that your turkeys are moist, your hearts are as full as a brimming cup of cheer, and that your thoughts and memories are all warm today and everyday.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Better late than never. I too wish to express my thanks for the wonderful SSO site and the wonderful people that inhabit it. May God bless you all.
Joseph Goodheart
feaito

Post by feaito »

Well, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Chile -of course- but my two sisters-in-law who are currently living in the USA are celebrating! So, happy Thanksgiving Day to all my friends from the United States and thanks Jon, the Administrators and each & every SSO member for keeping this place a wonderful haven for us all, including we people from outside the US. Thanks!!! SSO has become an important part of my everyday life.