24 hours to go

Chit-chat, current events
mrsl

24 hours to go

Post by mrsl »

My own personal mini Super Bowl will be telecast sometime within the next 28 hours. Whether it be in Lombo or Soldiers Field, or Arlington Park, doesn't matter to me. The cheeseheads would look good running around in the oval at Arlington. . . . kind of a second nature. :P :) :lol: :roll: The boys in white and navy always shine, no matter where they are. Die Hard, that's me - Cubs too. (the little bears). I'm hoping and praying, but especially want a good game, and a fevered wish is that Hester does his thing at least once, early on.

* * * * * * GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS * * * * * * - - * * * * * * JUST PLAY A GOOD GAME * * * * * *

Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
klondike

Re: 24 hours to go

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote:* * * * * * GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS * * * * * * JUST PLAY A GOOD GAME * * * * * *
If you're sincere about that, Anne, please call Lambeau Field by its proper name.
Curly deserved that much, for all his sportsmanship, community spirit & sacrifice; even Coach Halas would agree.
Thank you.
klondike

Post by klondike »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Congratulations, Klonny.

GO PACK!
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
klondike

Post by klondike »

Thanks, ChiO, and a big thanks to all the NFC North fans in Chicago for their warm & genuine hospitality; your hearts are truly as broad as your shoulders!

Thanks also, Friend Owen, for standing foursquare for sportsmanship as an absolute, unconditional quality of human behavior, proving once again that one of the best ways to elevate people's vision is to raise the proverbial bar.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Klon,

Congratulations! Go Packers!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Sorry Klondike but the last time I was at Lambeau Field, we came out to a soaped car, after stopping for a drink at a local bar. The couple we were with were GB fans and embarrassed as all get out, mainly because we hadn't been overly vocal in our joy at our teams win. I'm glad you had better luck with Chicago fans.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
klondike

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote: Sorry Klondike but the last time I was at Lambeau Field, we came out to a soaped car, after stopping for a drink at a local bar.

Gosh, Anne, that happens to my truck every Halloween, right here in Bellows Falls; I just drive it through the cheap-wash, and say "Thanks for the free soap!"
In Vermont, we consider that sort of prank to be good, clean fun! :D
mrsl wrote: The couple we were with were GB fans and embarrassed as all get out, mainly because we hadn't been overly vocal in our joy at our teams win.
Your friends sound really sensitive & high-strung - Wisconsinites are usually much calmer about soap. :roll:
mrsl wrote: I'm glad you had better luck with Chicago fans.
Actually, the last time I parked a vehicle in Chicago while attending a sporting event, the tires were slashed & the passenger door got "tagged" with day-glo spray paint; the responding cops told me it was because of my out-of-state plates, and that I "shoulda known better".
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Our daughter watched the game wearing -- of course -- her prized Chicago Bears hooded sweat shirt. When the game ended, she disappeared into her room -- I assumed to sulk and pout and throw things.

When the Jets-Steelers game started, she emerged to watch it wearing...a Packers jersey.

(But she refuses to wear Cubs gear. We try and try, but sometimes parenting just goes wrong. (sigh))
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
klondike

Post by klondike »

I know how she feels - no team can ever be quite as cool, or deserving, as your very own FAVORITE team . . but still, once you've lost your heart to the old Black 'n Blue Division (as the NFC North used to call itself), how can any team from anywhere else measure up ???
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

And I like to think of the Steelers as part of the real NFL and that being put in the AFC was just someone's idea of a vicious joke (excluding any team coached by Shula or Madden). Kinda like letting the Colts use that name in Indianapolis (didn't Unitas once say that he still had all of the real Colts passing records?).
ken123

Post by ken123 »

When the NFL - AFL merger was approved by Congress it was with the stipulation that No team was to be moved the Colts move to Indianapolis and the Browns moving to Baltimore is therefore illegal.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I don't know anything specific but I wouldn't be surprised if that meant they couldn't move as a condition or a result of the merger. Early on the Colts, Browns and Steelers moved from the NFC to the AFC but the move, either from here or to here, doesn't seem to fit.

For that matter, there were the Raiders two moves plus the Cardinals move.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Accoring to my understanding of the Congressional approval all of those moves would not be allowed. In so far as changing didvisions NFL(C) to AFL(C) thats not the type of move that the Congress meant.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm surprised there haven't been law suits all over the place. I can't imagine they would really be able to tell some owner, other than the league's approval, to tell them they can't move their team.

It is interesting to know though. Thanks for the info.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."