Egypt on the Brink ?

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

Egypt on the Brink ?

Post by ken123 »

4 days of protest have forced President Mubarak to fire the Prime Minister and his cabinet. Will it be a new beiging or the end for the 30 years of Mubarak rule ?
ken123

Re: Egypt on the Brink ?

Post by ken123 »

President Mubarak to speak shortly.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

MSNBC and other news outlets report that Mubarak will resign tonight. He will not resign. :( He now GONE !!!! :D But what will come next :?:
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

ken123 wrote:MSNBC and other news outlets report that Mubarak will resign tonight. He will not resign. :( He now GONE !!!! :D But what will come next :?:
Ken123 and others that contributed to this thread.

I fear one thing - its could be a start of a civil war in that country and could hamper world security at this point of time with Mubarak's resignation. I fear this - a civil war - but, time will tell what direction this country could go and I hope Obama and Clinton try to work something out - in preservation of peace and national security. I do not want another dictator in the Middle East and I feel that there is another POWERKEG going off at any given moment. I really in loss of words - with Egypt on the Brink - When ken123 said "But what will come next?" - That's a very good question - I sense CIVIL WAR - PERIOD. :cry: To see another country on a verge of total chaos.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I replied earlier that there might be a CIVIL WAR in EGYPT - but after thinking about what my brother had to say - he told me that there is a 10% chance of that might be happening. It will be very interesting in the next few months and especially in September when they have their national elections and all. World is watching ... The World is watching to see what will happen in months ahead.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Egypts new military government will outlaw strikes and ban union activity for the upcoming elections. Rush Limbaugh will be happy, as will Wisconsins new Republican Gov. Scott Walker who wants to do away with all collective barganing rights for public employess. Mammon always finds a way to win. :(