First Impression of Silver Screen Oasis

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

:D

In the past 10 days or so - I'm glad I can read 800-1000 words a minute - i took 3 Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamic Courses in my lifetime and spent average of 35-50 minutes a day (2-3 times per hit) and amazed the wide variety of subject matter concerning films, general discussion including a thread on household hints, television, polls, and pretty much everything in between. I know this is kinda crazy here - starting a new thread - of my first impression of this discussion board that I waited 7 months to join - I wanted to say a big thank you for Jondaris for getting me up and running after reminding our administrator of my desires to be a part of this forum.

There is so many threads here and being a fan of Westerns - I spent a lot of time in the Hanging Tree, Silverado, and True Grit threads - that I hadn't had the time to explore the other wonderful threads elsewhere. I learned a lot in the past few days - being over the age of 50 years - I guess we all continue to learn new things about movies, television, and everything else in between.

To me, kudos for many members here that posted 1000, 2000, 3000, and even 4000 posts - its shows one thing - dedication to keep everyone here in the loop to further enhance our knowledge of things that we cherish in life - namely movies.

My Personal Interests are:

Movies - I mean everything
Television
MASH, Adventures of Superman, Batman, Wild Wild West, Hogan's Heroes, Mary Tyler Moore Show, and dozens more of my favorites.

My favorite actresses - Rita Hayworth, Mary Tyler Moore, Lucille Ball, and many others - including Raquel Welch, Jane Russell, and Gene Tierney
My favorite actors - George C. Scott, Cary Grant, John Wayne, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Alan Alda.

I love documentaries - anything on World War II, Inventions, etc. I spend a lot of time on the History Channel, History International Channel, Science Channel, Discovery, and Military Channel.

I'm going to try to spend a hour a day on this website to get further enhance the wonders of the SILVER SCREEN OASIS and try to learn a much I can possible.

This is one amazing website :!:
charliechaplinfan

Re: First Impression of Silver Screen Oasis

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm glad you enjoy the board so much and being amongst us, it's always nice to welcome new members. I hope you'll be happy here and feel comfortable about contributing to the threads and starting your own. I continue to learn everytime I log in and I'm encouraged to try films I would never have thought of watching.

My favorite actors - Cary Grant, Charles Boyer, Charlie Chaplin, Maurice Chevalier, Buster Keaton, Fredric March, Montgomery Clift - a varied bunch.

My favorite actresses - Jeanne Moreau, Catherine Deneuve, Carole Lombard, Jean Arthur, Ingrid Bergman, Katharine Hepburn - another mixed bunch.

My favorite film genres change all the time.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Re: First Impression of Silver Screen Oasis

Post by feaito »

Welcome Kingme, glad to have you here. This is the best place in the world for movie lovers! No kidding...