Graumann's Chinese To Be Sold

Chit-chat, current events
pvitari

Graumann's Chinese To Be Sold

Post by pvitari »

Graumann's Chinese is about to have new owners.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... e-is-.html

I sure hope this doesn't affect the TCM festival's use of the theater -- and that basically everything will continue as before.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Graumann's Chinese To Be Sold

Post by Lzcutter »

It was front page news last Friday during the Festival so TCM was aware of the sale before they announced the return of the Festival next year.

The word around the City of Angels is that the Grauman's (which is on the protected by the National Register of Historic Places) and the multiplex will continue to be used as movie theaters. The Food and Beverage services are said to be on the list to get overhauled. Speculation is that it will become more like the Arclight with perhaps beer and wine served and an Over 21 theater along with wrap sandwiches and other additions added to the popcorn and raisinettes menu.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Food besides popcorn, candy, nachos and pretzels would be very welcome during the TCM festival weekend! ;) Since said popcorn, candy, nachos and pretzels are often lunch and dinner during the festival. :)
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Food figures so prominently in everyone's comments about the festival, I have to ask--were you allowed to take food into the theaters?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks