92 People killed in terrorist attacks in Norway

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

92 People killed in terrorist attacks in Norway

Post by charliechaplinfan »

The news that came out of Norway yesterday and it's continued developments make it an absolute tragedy. At this moment 92 people have been killed in a double attack, the number could possibly still rise. The first incident which went off in Oslo's financial district, this is appears was placed in an attempt to divert the police away from the target of a student meeting held on a small island a few miles from Oslo. The gunman came to the island in police uniform under the pretext of checking on the students, after beckoning some he started shooting, killing everyone he could. So there are 84 dead on the island, students mostly aged between 14 to 18. It's felt that it's an anti Muslim terrorist and the group he attacked was a political meeting run by the ruling Labour party. Many of the students had tried to escape by throwing themselves in the freezing water.

I'm sorry if this has duplicated anyone else's post.

May they rest in peace.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Re: 92 People killed in terrorist attacks in Norway

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This is sickening to see terrorists kill and maim innocent people like this 92 and counting ... I saw that in the news this morning and I'm appalled to see such mass terror that already occurred in Norway. We have too many :twisted: people in this world that like nothing better to make us all feel unsafe whatever we go about in our daily lives.
charliechaplinfan

Is this being reported at all on the American news channels? It has knocked Rupert Murdoch from the lead headlines, I wonder if the sigificance is being reported in the US?
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Is this being reported at all on the American news channels?
CCFan, I heard about it on msnbc and HLN news on my cable here in the past few days giving me updates on this crisis in Norway.
charliechaplinfan

The death toll has been reduced to 76.

The murderer blamed the ruling Labour party for their attitudes towards Muslims. So he went to their summer camp, killing every young person he could, caring not when they begged for mercy and by all accounts acting terribly calmly. It makes me go cold thinking about it.