Amanda Knox - Back Home in Emerald City

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Amanda Knox - Back Home in Emerald City

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Amanda Knox

Having spending four miserable years in Italy and dealing with a corrupted judicial system that I have zero respect for; she finally back home in Emerald City, Seattle. I had several friends that sent me e-mails after coming home from San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Dallas on business trip and told me that SEA-TAC International Airport was crammed with reporters, media people, and local television stations that the baggage claim area was so packed with people my friend told me that he had to wait something like 90-100 minutes to pick up his two suitcases and another 30 minutes to get to his car. Security was doubled; and in some places tripled.

Many passengers had to wait even longer and there is a lot of frustrated travelers from other cities and they couldn't figure out what was going on!

When, they heard that Amanda Knox came home ... they figured it out immediately!

Short Press Conference Photo

But, anyway from 3pm to almost 8pm - SEA-TAC Airport was extremely crowded, people had an extremely difficult time getting in and out of the airport, and some of them got heated and there were no arrests were made; because they understood the what was going on today.

That's all I have to say ... I'm glad she back home safe and secure.

Tearful Amanda Knox

The latest that she might get 5 Million for a book deal, and up to 10 Million for a movie deal based on her experience; her immediate family is nearly bankrupt and this will get them out of legal debt for good.
charliechaplinfan

Re: Amanda Knox - Back Home in Emerald City

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I do have another perspective on this, our media has made out that it has been a huge media campaign in America that has been behind her getting out, the evidence is still stacked against her but the Italian police and judiciary made such a mess of the case. I think the thing that has rankled here the most is the huge cheer that she got when the acquittal came through, forgetting Meredith's family in court, she's still dead, brutally murdered, how unfeeling is that. I do hope Amanda is innocent, I have my severe doubts but given the evidence in the case I feel that she should be allowed to fade into obscurity and that both families be allowed to get on with their lives. I hope the Italian police but another investigation together and either find some evidence against Amanda that will stick or decide that Rudy Guedde acted alone and give Meredith's family some peace.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Well stated Charlie. And very fair. It should be about justice for the living...and the dead.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
charliechaplinfan

Thank you.

The main difference is probably how our media report it, rarely is news reporting unbiased anywhere, much has been made here about the coverage give to the Knox's in America and the momentum behind her defence. It is awful is an innocent woman has been behind bars for 4 years, one can only hope that the Italians have got it right this time. One thing is sure, the reputation of their police and legal system has taken a knock.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

Whilst I agree with all the previous comments - it is a sad fact that quite a few "guilty" persons are getting away scot free because the prosecution bodges up a vital part of the case - which creates an element of doubt. This is happening now everywhere.

I hope Amanda IS innocent - the thought that a possible guilty person is going to make millions is - quite frankly - obscene and disgusting - IMO

Bilbo
charliechaplinfan

That's very true, it's a horrible thought and one some of the news channels and people touting her life story fail to realise.

It's nice to see another Brit here Bilbo :D
Bilbo

Post by Bilbo »

Thank you "CharlieChaplinfan" - since finding this site it is my first port of call every day - particularly the "people in films" thread by Mongo - that thread really is a gem - I'm seeing pictures of movie stars of the past that I've never seen - or even heard of before. And more sadly - learning of the deaths of some that I thought were still going.

Bilbo
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Frankly, I have my doubts about this woman.
Joseph Goodheart
charliechaplinfan

Mongo's thread is wonderful, so many pictures, most I've never seen before and like you I see names that I thought were still alive that sadly have passed by.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Joe,

I also have my doubts about this Knox girl...

There's a new jike going around:
O.J. Simpson sent her a congratulations card!!!

Larry
charliechaplinfan

Is my mother the only person who believed OJ to be innocent?