Ebay Changes

Chit-chat, current events
pvitari

Ebay Changes

Post by pvitari »

eBay just changed the design of their listings and as with most updates, they fixed something that ain't broke.

Used to be they'd tell you the specific day and time an auction ended, i.e., "September 30, 13:00 PT" -- 13:00 being military time and PT Pacific time. As an former military spouse, I had no problem figuring out military time and also converting the PT to the equivalent on the East Coast.

But now they've eliminated those specifics, and auction ending times are now just described as (for example) "5 days, 3 hours." So good luck on making sure exactly what day and time the auction ends! I just sent an e-mail pleading with them to restore the day and time but I'm sure I'm just whistling into the wind. :(

Every time my husband updates our computer's operating system, there are changes for the worst. (He just updated Lion to Mountain Lion and now editing photos is an even bigger pain in the neck.) Everytime ANYTHING gets updated, there are changes for the worse. Why can't stuff that works fine just be left the heck alone?

Mood: Black cloud
Rita Hayworth

Re: Ebay Changes

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I missed the old ebay ... because it was so much simpler to buy things there. I cancelled my account and have my friends order pictures of Rita Hayworth there instead. My agent find it deplorable and because of that ... I view things there and send the link of what pictures that I want to my friend and my Agent takes care the payment for me. The new format irks me.
pvitari

Re: Ebay Changes

Post by pvitari »

They must have had a lot of complaints, because I just looked at ebay and the days/times for auction endings have been restored. PHEW!!!! :)