Post by mongoII »

Israeli school teacher
Joseph Goodheart
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Post by movieman1957 »

No surprise for there.

I work with a lady who went to school at a US school in Morocco. They went through a pretty thorough verification when the school bus would show up. Their bus came in to a compound and was boarded so that students checked and then let into the building.

Nothing new for that part of the world.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Unfortunately, civilization has 'progressed downward' - now there's an oxymoron....

I think we need a better health care system, which includes mental health programs. I don't know if this would help, but couldn't hurt....
:cry: :?: :?: :?:

Larry
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

It was an eye-opener for me and I can understand why she needs to carry a gun!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

It's a shocking image. If I could have Godly powers for one day I would wipe away all the guns from this earth. If only the answer were so simple and not at all complex.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm with CCF. If it were possible to ban every gun ever made, I'd say do it.

I think teachers with guns is a horrible idea. Wasn't there a study done that you are more likely to get killed with your own gun? All it takes is one accident in an elementary school for us to see that more guns is not the solution.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

And if the teachers were armed wouldn't a gunman just shoot the teacher first and then carry on? Children shouldn't know what guns are, let alone see them in the classroom, let alone on the teachers person. And what about the teachers who are conscience driven to never bear arms, are they then unemployable? I'm sorry folks, I know I'm not an American and as much as I feel the tragedy as a human being you can only feel it worse as it's close to home that's why I can't type any more of what's on the tip of my tongue however strong I feel about it. I did like the idea of doing 26 good things for every life, something positive.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's exactly how I feel Alison. There is no reason to make schools armed encampments. it's a dreadful thing for kids to see in their own schools, it should not be something they get used to, that only makes guns seem normal. I still feel so bad, especially watching the moment of silence ceremonies all around the country and especially in CT. this week.

I really liked the idea of the 26 good deeds as well.