"THE END" - HAPPY or SAD??

Chit-chat, current events
rohanaka

Re: "THE END" - HAPPY or SAD??

Post by rohanaka »

Ha.. Miss Maven.. I hope I don't owe you an apology.. (but will apologize if I do) because.. aghh.. I see now that I just started a completely different thread (on a completely different topic) but I only NOW I realize that in the name I chose for my thread, ( "This is THE END) I see that I have used a portion of the name you chose for THIS thread too. ha. And you know.. I did not even think about how similar the two were until I saw your thread here after I posted mine, and then I remembered what all we chatted over this summer. So at least we are talking about two different subjects.. but just with similar titles.

Hope you will forgive me (if I seem to have borrowed your title) No intent made to steal your thunder, missy. I actually was borrowing from James Bond.. ha. silly me) so I hope it will be ok.

Meanwhile, I am glad to have gotten the chance to look back through THIS thread too, while I am at it. (as I see now I must have gotten side tracked when it was originally posted because I completely overlooked some of the comments a few folks made about my own post in here.. thanks to those who commented for your kind words) :)
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hi there Ro. No harm...no foul kid. You wrote an extensive, well- written post that I hope folks jump on. I think we've got two different ideas in each of our posts so it's cool. You've given me lots of food for thought with your post and now I have to put my thinking cap on. Off the top of my head, Melanie Wilkes' death was my first big movie cry when I saw "Gone With the Wind" for the first time on a class trip when I was sixteen. Great job you did. WIth examples too. :lol:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

That Melanie. As fine an epic as GWTW is, the second half melodrama is less that thrilling to me. The third time I saw it, I thought, "Please, Melanie. Pull through! Don't add twenty minutes to this movie!" But I'm one of those...men. This is the woman's half of the movie!
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Thanks for understanding, Miss Maven.. and thanks for your kind comments too. So far I have not gotten any takers, ha.. but I DO confess, it is not a topic most folks will see a lot of "chat value" in, perhaps. ha. I just had to find an outlet for my mental chain reaction, I guess. :lol: At any rate.. I had fun coming up with my examples. (to be honest.. I had several more.. but felt I had likely said ENOUGH.. ha. Too much gloom and doom is likely a bit overwhelming already. What can I say.. one of my whackier moments online, I guess. ha. But still a fun time just mentally meandering a bit. I appreciate folks putting up with me. :)