Who is this person?

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: Who is this person?

Post by Dargo »

skimpole wrote: January 1st, 2023, 6:55 pm Here's a question. Does the name "John Fletcher," conceivably "Jack Fletcher" ring any bells? He can be a movie, tv, stage or literary character, but he has to be fictional.
Can't say it rang any bells with me here, but after doing a little internet searching, I did find a fictional character that went by the name of "Johnny Fletcher". And, in this character's Wiki page it states the following:

"Johnny Fletcher is a fictional character created by Frank Gruber. Fletcher is a con-man and reluctant amateur detective. The character was the protagonist of several mystery novels published between 1940 and 1964.[1] Additionally, he was featured in a feature film adaptation scripted by Gruber, and a short lived radio series."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Fletcher

(...might this be what you're lookin' for?)
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

Jack Fletcher is the character who transitioned to become Jessica Fletcher. after a sex change.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Fedya wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 8:04 am Jack Fletcher is the character who transitioned to become Jessica Fletcher. after a sex change.
LOL

You've reminded me of this, Fedya...

drednm

Post by drednm »

Jack Fletcher was a character actor.... I seem to remember him from THE JEFFERSONS and such..... He usually played prissy, flustered characters.