The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

Posting photographs

How to register an account

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

SSO Admins
Administrator

Postby SSO Admins » January 28th, 2008, 9:47 am

Nope, the server upgrade is not responsible. What is responsible is that they keep notifying me at an old and invalid email address when my domains are going to expire.

Plasticage.net is being renewed and should be back online soon. I'm also trying to ensure that my info is updated so that I will get notification when my three domains expire. I'm not worried about silverscreenoasis.com, as they have good info for that one, but I'm not getting notified when plasticage.net or jonparker.com come up for renewal. Bah.

Anyway, it's being fixed.

Rita Hayworth

Re:

Postby Rita Hayworth » February 24th, 2011, 10:40 am

moirafinnie wrote:
Ann Harding wrote:Thanks for the details. But, in actual facts, the problem rests within the website. I get an error message:

Sorry, there aren't any album where you are allowed to upload your pictures.

Perhaps, one needs to register to an existing album???

If you've logged in and uploaded an image, the next step would be to click on the Create/Order my albums button that appears next to the modify my albums button. Then when trying to view the pic that you've uploaded, you'll need to place the pic in an album that you've created. I've asked Jon to check out these issues and when he has time, I'm sure that he will post too.

Since you already have an image storing account at Image Shack, have you tried to follow the steps I mentioned in my previous message, posting the web address of the picture that you want to show
as in the example below, (with spaces added to make it readable)?:

[ img ]http://www.image shack.com/your picture. jpg [ /img ]

Good luck, and I'm sure that Jon will have more hints to offer. Thanks for being so patient.

moirafinnie/adminstrator

I have an Image Shack account - and I'm a bit confused by this post - and I do not want to get in trouble by stealing their (other sites bandwidth and so forth) ... can I create a hyperlink to photos in the range of 800x600 pixels ... so that I can use my Image Shack account to display larger pictures - and not have it here instead?

I spent a lot of time reading these posts and I only got half of the picture here - so again - can I use links instead? I noticed some members do - but again I do not want to get SSO or myself in trouble here - over the issue of stealing bandwidths.

Thanks for being so kind to me.

moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Posting photographs

Postby moira finnie » February 25th, 2011, 10:39 am

Hi Kingme,
If you prefer to use just links instead of posting images here, you are welcome to do so. If you have an ImageShack (or any photosharing) account and are uploading images from your computer to that account and would like to post those pictures here, there is not a problem with your doing so. As an internet courtesy and to avoid any possible legal issues, members should not hyperlink to any images placed by another person on another site, but if it is your image that you have added to your account on any photosharing site, there should be no problem.

Thanks for being so conscientious. I hope that clarification helps. Please don't hesitate to ask anytime if more info is needed.
Moira
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

Rita Hayworth

Postby Rita Hayworth » February 25th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Moira/Moderators

I just changed my avatar recently and I came up with an wild idea. :D :!:

Every Member here have their own User Control Panel - in that UCP - there is a feature to edit avatar

I was wondering can Jondaris can create a little box called ImgMach - meaning that you can upload
an image from your machine w/o having to go the internet to find a replica of the picture that you have
in your private collection. Its acts like function - in that little feature - choose file - no file chosen that
allows you to upload that photograph.
I have Microsoft Picture Manager that can take any photograph to
resize it to 500x500 pixels, and smaller - of which its the maximum allowable size that all members
here in Silver Screen Oasis to post.

If Jondaris/or Anyone? can do this? - to create a code that mimics this function choose file - no file chosen
... its would make things a whole a lot easier for me and everyone here - if they have pictures on their PC.

moira finnie
Administrator

Postby moira finnie » February 26th, 2011, 11:01 am

You can upload an image directly from your computer now, kingme. Go to User Control Panel>to the tab marked Profile. Click on the hyperlink that says Edit avatar. There you will see that you have several options to add an avatar image, including Upload from your machine, (please bear in mind that the image must fit the parameters for members re: size and number of pixels when you are uploading from your computer). I hope that helps.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

Rita Hayworth

Postby Rita Hayworth » February 26th, 2011, 1:26 pm

moirafinnie wrote:You can upload an image directly from your computer now, kingme. Go to User Control Panel>to the tab marked Profile. Click on the hyperlink that says Edit avatar. There you will see that you have several options to add an avatar image, including Upload from your machine, (please bear in mind that the image must fit the parameters for members re: size and number of pixels when you are uploading from your computer). I hope that helps.

moirafinnie - I learned something new today ... that you can Upload Attachment from my machine. I wished I knew that earlier - now things just got REALLY EASIER now.

I have over 1000 pictures of Rita Hayworth on my machine and gets backup on a weekly basis - I just did a test today; and I love that feature that I just found it by accident. I asked you guys the wrong question - because my mind wasn't thinking clearly that day and I did not think things out. With that feature ... I can do my Rita Hayworth - The Love Goddess thread so much easier now - no Image Shack, no going through the Internet to find an Image that matches it - I love this feature Upload Attachment - I wished I knew that earlier ...

Return to “Registering as new user”