The TCM Classic Film Festival Connections

moira finnie
Administrator

The TCM Classic Film Festival Connections

Post by moira finnie »

Since many of us can only attend the TCM Classic Film Festival 2013 edition vicariously, below are a few links to make it all more real. Don't forget to catch Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz before and after movies being shown on TCM all weekend long as they interview special guests and attendees live from the festival venues--here's hoping we catch a glimpse of our own pals while there:

The TCM Classic Film Festival 2013 Website

TCM Classic Film Festival Live Blog

TCM Classic Film Festival Video Gallery

TCM Classic Film Festival on Youtube

Google News Updates about the TCM Classic Film Festival

The Los Angeles Times coverage of the TCM Classic Film Festival

Postings about the TCM Classic Film Festival at the TCM Message Board
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Re: The TCM Classic Film Festival Connections

Post by MissGoddess »

I hope everyone has a wonderful time---I know i needn't worry about that. :D TCM staffers are the best hosts you can imagine.

(Love your avatar, Moira!)
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Have a great time everyone!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

MissGoddess wrote:I hope everyone has a wonderful time---I know i needn't worry about that. :D TCM staffers are the best hosts you can imagine.
Very true...sure hope that Courtney O'Brien, Amanda Dabbas and Sean Cameron are around in the background--not to mention a couple of Morlocks who emerge there (and blog here) about their experiences at the fest...
MissGoddess wrote:(Love your avatar, Moira!)
I see you also have great taste in imagery, Miss G.! His youthful glory was something to see, but I'm also fond of that battered leonine face he had as he grew older.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

i really look forward to reading and seeing video/pictures of the interviews in between the movies they show on TCM this weekend...when the TCM hosts are with the viewers and attendees. that's always fun. can't wait to see all our own members! :D

i hope i can go one day. maybe next year, God willing nothing prevents it.
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I wish I could to one of these functions ... but it is way beyond my means of finances and budget. Man, I wished the best of times for all our members attending it.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Moira, thanks for the schedule. I enjoyed reading about the events thus far.
Joseph Goodheart
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

The Festival has been a great deal of fun so far. So far, I have been able to spend time with Suex2 (she knows how to work a crowd and got to spend time talking to Jane Withers the other night), kingrat (who I hope to have dinner with on Sunday), Cinemaven (after a delayed flight arrived on Wednesday and ready to immerse herself in cinematic heaven), Countessdelave (probably the best dressed of us all though she has some competition this year from Butterscotchgreer who is turning heads every where she goes)and old friends like modrnknght and kyle.

Mitzi Gaynor is an absolute doll ("I'm rich and I'm a widow") with a wicked sense of humor.

More to come!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Give our love to everyone and tell Buttertea that we all saw her and she looks gorgeous!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

The Hollywood Reporter has some video interviews from the TCM FF as well:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/topic/ ... -film-fest

Enjoy!

Moira,

Most of the crew was there: Sean, MA Glenn, Scott McGee, Pola Changdon, Stephanie Thames, Charlie, Gen, Tom Brown, Robert, Ben and many, many more! We always wonder who's back in Atlanta holding down the fort!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

kingrat wrote: and our friend yanceycravat voiced the double roles of the murder victim and his killer.
You know yanceycravat?! I love that guy and all of his Richard Dix knowledge. I'd no idea that he was an actor too. That recreation sounds like fun. Thanks for posting all this

Lynn-
There must have been tumbleweeds blowing through the halls of TCM Central in Atlanta with all those honchos and honchoettes rubbing elbows with the festival attendees. I really wish we could all find a way to go to next year's film festival to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the "Louvre of movies" called TCM.

I kind of hope that they ask Ted Turner to come next year--he deserves a huge thank you for giving this network wings--and all that "colorization" stuff has blown over now, hasn't it??.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

goodness, until you mentioned him, i forgot all about Ted. you'd think he'd dig all this TCM and classic movie stuff. his ex-wife being there maybe put him off, lol???
-- Will Rogers
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

MissGoddess wrote:goodness, until you mentioned him, i forgot all about Ted. you'd think he'd dig all this TCM and classic movie stuff. his ex-wife being there maybe put him off, lol???
I shudder to think what might have happened if Ted hadn't snapped up the pre-1950 MGM/Warner Bros. library when it was being auctioned off a couple of decades ago. I'm not certain, but I think Turner has mellowed quite a bit since he was a big wheel on the corporate stage. I hope he looks at TCM with pride and no regret. He was one of the handful of individuals who has inspired so many people to begin to appreciate the studio era's achievements and helped to protect film history in general.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks