The Killing Marie's Show

ken123

The Killing Marie's Show

Post by ken123 »

I just loved Marie Windsor in Stanley Kubrick's " The Killing ". She is just so sensual, dangerous, and evil. :wink:
vallo

Post by vallo »

She is great in "The Killing" But, I really get a kick out of "Timothy Carey" this guy was really ahead of his time. He had a obscure acting style.

vallo
Dewey1960

Timothy Carey in THE KILLING

Post by Dewey1960 »

Vallo, you make an interesting point about Timothy Carey in Kubrick's film THE KILLING (1956). Apart from the overall bizarre delivery of his lines, there is the startling moment when Carey utters the dreadful "n" word (to the attendant in the race track parking lot). Unsettling as it is, it definitely serves to set the film apart from other mid-1950s films and immediately establishes it as genuinely experimental and truly independent. Carey turns in another memorable performance in Andre DeToth's remarkable 1954 noir film CRIME WAVE (which will be part of the upcoming Warner Home Video Film Noir boxset this summer). He's also effectively loathesome in his brief role in Elia Kazan's EAST OF EDEN (1955).
vallo

Post by vallo »

My favorite role with Carey is in 1962's "Convicts 4"as Nick. He really go's overboard with his depiction of his character. With him saying "Hey, JOHNNNNNNN you wanta bite of my bean Sam-midge" He had a uniquely twisted screen presence. Just looking at his eyes ,you could tell there was something just not right with this guy.

vallo
Dewey1960

More on TIMOTHY CAREY

Post by Dewey1960 »

Here's a link to a fascinating article on Timothy Carey called "Timothy Carey: Saint of the Underground." Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.5minutesonline.com/ft/timothy%20carey2.htm
vallo

Post by vallo »

Thanks for the link Dewey, I had read about what he did to John Cassavetes. I really have to look for "The World's Greatest Sinner" But it's real hard to find.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Timothy Carey is great in " The Killing " and " Crimewave ".
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Supposedly (and believably) the script was written almost entirely by Jim Thompson, who was without doubt the greatest crime novelist of all time. Kubrick was credited for it, as he was on another Thompson-written film, Paths of Glory. On both films Kubrick screwed Thompson out of credit for the screenplays, giving him additional dialogue credit instead.