Tim and Heidi are back

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Tim and Heidi are back

Post by mrsl »

For those who care, Project Runway kicked off season #4 Wednesday night with a whole new bunch of wackos as they've already proven themselves to be.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
feaito

Post by feaito »

I have seen this show and I don't like itsr focus, the way in which participants are treated and, I'd even say, humiliated. Besides, the whole atmosphere is shallow. The same I've felt regarding another show related to models in which Tyra Banks participates. TV is really a sick media these days. I cannot believe the amount of garbage people are exposed to. It's distressing, frightening and makes me lose my hopes on humankind and where we are going to.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Sometimes I'm forced to watch a few minutes when my daughter is watching it and I wonder if the editing sometimes is a little underhanded. Things that don't seem all that nasty is followed by a look of disbelief. I wonder if that was pulled from somewhere else and stuck there.

The producers are looking for the fights. They are looking for the narcissists. They are looking for people with no talent who think they have it. I can't bear them.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Moraldo Rubini

Make it Work

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Wow! I love Project Runway. It's the only reality show I watch, and I always thought what set it apart was that it wasn't about humiliating the contestants. Each week's assignment is creative, and the contestants learn so much from each one. Once again, I'm reminded by how "wacko" I am -- since these contestants seems quite normal to me. My compatriots! :D They're a group of skilled, creative workers. This is the only show on television that I make sure I catch each week (luckily it's rerun often throughout the week, so it's easy to keep up).
SSO Admins
Administrator

Re: Make it Work

Post by SSO Admins »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:Wow! I love Project Runway. It's the only reality show I watch, and I always thought what set it apart was that it wasn't about humiliating the contestants. Each week's assignment is creative, and the contestants learn so much from each one. Once again, I'm reminded by how "wacko" I am -- since these contestants seems quite normal to me. My compatriots! :D They're a group of skilled, creative workers. This is the only show on television that I make sure I catch each week (luckily it's rerun often throughout the week, so it's easy to keep up).
Well, I agree with what you say, but I also agree with Chris (mostly). They are talented people, but Bravo is definitely going for the drama and edits to create it.

The show is a shameful addiction of mine.
feaito

Re: Make it Work

Post by feaito »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:Wow! I love Project Runway. It's the only reality show I watch, and I always thought what set it apart was that it wasn't about humiliating the contestants. Each week's assignment is creative, and the contestants learn so much from each one. Once again, I'm reminded by how "wacko" I am -- since these contestants seems quite normal to me. My compatriots! :D They're a group of skilled, creative workers. This is the only show on television that I make sure I catch each week (luckily it's rerun often throughout the week, so it's easy to keep up).
Well Jack, I have only seen a parts of it and I did not liked the meanness of certain judges and the way they told their opinions to the contestants. I found it detrimental. But then, I do not like reality shows in general. I used to like some fashion programs and shows in the '80s and early '90s, but now I find them terribly empty and shallow, save for Trinny and Susannah's (from BBC) "What Not to Wear" which my wife and I enjoyed :wink:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I love all the different opinions on this show! By wacko, I meant that fellow last season who was so covered with tattoos, and the chubby guy who won the season before that who always looked like an unmade bed himself. I never liked ANY of his designs, and I thought his final winning runway show was horrible, but then I'm not a judge.

I agree that the main thing that keeps me coming back is the creativity. How those people can make actually nice looking outfits out of some of the crazy things they've had to work with is amazing. I don't find the judges to be all that offensive. They give their opinions, but at least they don't insult the persons' intelligence as designers. They may say they expected more, but they never say YOU are stupid like that moron on Amer. Idol. I don't always agree with the judges, but one of my failures is the inability to say no, or to tell a person I don't like what they've done.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************