Hello All!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
WarrenHymersMoll

Hello All!

Post by WarrenHymersMoll »

My friend Scott Nollen brought my attention to your wonderful forum and convinced me to join. It's so nice to meet so many film enthusiasts in one place! :D
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Hello All!

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome, Moll! You will discover many of us have a soft spot for Warren Hymer (especially in One Way Passage). Love character actors, especially those from the '30s & '40s. I hope you enjoy the site.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
WarrenHymersMoll

moira finnie wrote:Welcome, Moll! You will discover many of us have a soft spot for Warren Hymer (especially in One Way Passage). Love character actors, especially those from the '30s & '40s. I hope you enjoy the site.
Thank you so much, Moira!! As much as I love the big stars like Spencer Tracy and Humphrey Bogart, it's always the character actors like Warren and Peter Lorre that really grab my attention. :P
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Greetings Moll, and happy to meet you. Hope to see you in the various discussions. Since you appreciate character actors, does Agnes Moorehead manage to grab your attention? :wink: :D
WarrenHymersMoll

Professional Tourist wrote:Greetings Moll, and happy to meet you. Hope to see you in the various discussions. Since you appreciate character actors, does Agnes Moorehead manage to grab your attention? :wink: :D
Hey PT!! Glad to meet you too!! LOOOOOVE Agnes Moorehead!!! For me personally, she totally steals Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte from every other actor, including Bette Davis!! And it's a real treat to hear her work in radio, especially an episode of Peter Lorre's Mystery in the Air where she plays Mrs. Bunting, the landlady in "The Lodger."
Masha

Post by Masha »

Greetings and Solicitations!

It is very wonderful to find fellow enthusiast for character actors. I love many more character actors than leading actors. They rescue many movies which might be mediocre and they raise good movies to level of greatness. I am personally now on: George Zucco 'kick'.

I look forward to seeing your comments and discussions regarding these wonderful actors.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
WarrenHymersMoll

Masha wrote:Greetings and Solicitations!

It is very wonderful to find fellow enthusiast for character actors. I love many more character actors than leading actors. They rescue many movies which might be mediocre and they raise good movies to level of greatness. I am personally now on: George Zucco 'kick'.

I look forward to seeing your comments and discussions regarding these wonderful actors.
Hey Masha!! So nice to meet you too! George Zucco!! Love him too!! I first became aware of him from The Mummy's Hand and later on as Professor Moriarty (one of the best to play the role, imo) in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. He and his fellow character actors of the time definitely elevate the material they're working with. I've lost track of how many times I've sat down to watch a movie or a tv show and see someone like a John Carradine or Vito Scotti and think, "Alright, this is gonna be good now that they're here."
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

We are glad you ae here, WarrenHymersMoll! Thanks for looking us up!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
WarrenHymersMoll

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:We are glad you ae here, WarrenHymersMoll! Thanks for looking us up!
Thank you, Sue Sue! :D