Request for Like/Thank Button

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
Thompson

Re: Request for Like/Thank Button

Post by Thompson »

But, EP, there isn’t a “like” button. How can I not use it if it isn’t there?

Laffite, I don’t read them again, once is enough.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 5:43 pm . . . In my case and on occasion, I've taken to wiping out all the previous quotes which become inclusive when one hits the quote button and all except the last quoted person who I'm attempting to solely reply to before I enter my reply post . . .
Ditto!

As SSO newbies become accustomed to the forum layout, design, and tools . . .

They will find The Way* . . .

Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō, Y'all!

* . . . to Peace, Harmony, Enlightenment, and Tranquility.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:21 pm But, EP, there isn’t a “like” button. How can I not use it if it isn’t there?
I'll now translate this into "Gearhead-ese" for myself here:

But EPM, I don't have a Ferrari in my garage. How can I not drive it if it isn't there?

(...okay, and now back to our regular programming...but FIRST, this reminds me here...I think we need a "That's a nice car" thread at THIS website TOO...okay, and NOW back to our regular programming)
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:11 pm LOL

Kind'a flirtin' a bit with danger here by usin' a "HOT button" issue in order to press for a "LIKE button" on these here boards, aren't ya EPM?! ;) LOL

(...don't get me wrong here though, as I DO think your little analogy here is actually a fairly valid one)
Well, I'm a Big Flirt!

In all seriousness and all honesty, whether a Like button and/or other reaction buttons are added to The SSO makes absolutely no difference to me. But if reaction buttons are added, those who want them will use them and those who don't want them won't use them. The Pro folks won't be denying and depriving the Anti folks of anything. Whereas such won't be the case in the reverse situation.
Last edited by EP Millstone on December 11th, 2022, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Right, I want to use Hunter Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas drawings by Ralph Steadman, especially the ones where he’s naked and bending over the toilet, his belly hanging down, not Thompson, but his sidekick gonzo lawyer, about to puke up everything.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Thompson wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:21 pm But, EP, there isn’t a “like” button. How can I not use it if it isn’t there?
Dargo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:33 pm I'll now translate this into "Gearhead-ese" for myself here:
But EPM, I don't have a Ferrari in my garage. How can I not drive it if it isn't there?
(...okay, and now back to our regular programming...but FIRST, this reminds me here...I think we need a "That's a nice car" thread at THIS website TOO...okay, and NOW back to our regular programming)
Whew! Too metaphysical for me! You boys will have to work out that stuff by yourselves!

Me, I hear a tree falling -- and I'm not even in a forest!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:42 pm
Dargo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:11 pm LOL

Kind'a flirtin' a bit with danger here by usin' a "HOT button" issue in order to press for a "LIKE button" on these here boards, aren't ya EPM?! ;) LOL

(...don't get me wrong here though, as I DO think your little analogy here is actually a fairly valid one)
Well, I'm a Big Flirt!

In all seriousness and all honesty, whether a Like button and/or other reaction buttons are added to The SSO makes absolutely no difference to me. But if reaction buttons are added, those who want them will use them and those who don't want them won't use them. The Pro folks won't be denying and depriving the Anti folks of anything. Whereas such is not the case in the reverse situation.
Uh-huh, and which is pretty much your point made earlier by your use of the aforementioned "hot button issue".

Yep, and a point made of which I'll now reiterate I agree with you about.

(...yep, if and/or when we get a "Like Button" around here, those that DON'T want to use them don't HAVE to...uh-huh, and just like with all the EMOJIS we now have our disposal around here as well...yep, seems a no brainer here to ME, anyway!)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:50 pm
Dargo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:33 pm I'll now translate this into "Gearhead-ese" for myself here:
Whew! Too metaphysical for me! You boys will have to work out that stuff by yourselves!

Me, I hear a tree falling -- and I'm not even in a forest!
Btw here EPM, and in regard to this, I believe instead of saying my post was "too METAphysical" for you, you SHOULD have said it was..wait for it.."too METALphysical" for you here!

Get IT? Cars being made out of "metal"?!!!

(...oh, never mind)

;)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Well the only way to settle a dispute is to shoot a game of pool. Me, I go for straight pool, first one to fifty wins. Other fellas like nine ball, always a lot of green with nine ball, and it’s fast like a film noir.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Dargo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 9:03 pm Btw here EPM, and in regard to this, I believe instead of saying my post was "too METAphysical" for you, you SHOULD have said it was..wait for it.."too METALphysical" for you here!

Get IT? Cars being made out of "metal"?!!!

(...oh, never mind)

;)
Where's a rubber chicken when you need one? Is there an emoji?

Speakin' o' which, I have an idea for a reaction emoji: A Holstein with a large X or No symbol superimposed over it, signifying "Don't have a cow!"

Such are the genius brainstorms I get in between medications.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Thompson wrote: December 11th, 2022, 9:14 pm Well the only way to settle a dispute is to shoot a game of pool. Me, I go for straight pool, first one to fifty wins. Other fellas like nine ball, always a lot of green with nine ball, and it’s fast like a film noir.
You bring a gun while playing pool? What are you, from Texas?
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

"Where's a rubber chicken when you need one? Is there an emoji?"

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

You see, I don’t use quotes so nobody knows what I’m talking about or what I’m referring to or any of that. That’s for the birds. When you shoot pool all that has to be put aside. You could be from Texas or you could be from Illinois, but ya gotta slice that three ball into the side pocket and position the cue ball for the next shot.
Masha

Post by Masha »

EP Millstone wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:00 pm To apply my analogy to the topic at hand: If you don't want a Like button, don't use it!
Some people wish to empty their chamberpots directly into the stream which runs through the village. Others do not want them to do so.

Your wisdom is that those who do not want chamberpots emptied into their drinking water do not have to empty their chamberpots into the stream.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Chamberpots. Is that what they all use on Gunsmoke? Kitty uses one? Chester is always complaining about his digestion so he’s probably got one. Most people just use a bucket I would guess.