Finally here, hooray

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Swithin

Re: Finally here, hooray

Post by Swithin »

KayFrancis wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:01 pm Hi,
I'm finally in thanks to admin and movieman1957. You guys are Great and Thank You. I am now KayFrancis, not lavenderblue19
Great to be able to "talk" and play with all my TCM buddies and all SSO members.
So nice to see you here Lavender/Kay!

Cuthbert aka Swithin
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Cuthbert wrote: December 8th, 2022, 9:48 pm
KayFrancis wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:01 pm Hi,
I'm finally in thanks to admin and movieman1957. You guys are Great and Thank You. I am now KayFrancis, not lavenderblue19
Great to be able to "talk" and play with all my TCM buddies and all SSO members.
So nice to see you here Lavender/Kay!

Cuthbert aka Swithin
Same here, Lavender/Kay!

Dargo aka...

(...um, never mind)

;)
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

kingrat wrote: December 9th, 2022, 5:32 pm Dargo, it is always a great HONOUR to have you on the boards!
Hey, kingrat, just let us know if you need help setting up your Barry Fitzgerald avatar. I'd be glad to assist.
Watching until the end.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Thanks Dargo and Swithin, already thanked all my other TCM transplant buddies. So happy we're all together again. Doing my best to convince Miss Wonderly to join us
TheGayDivorceé

Post by TheGayDivorceé »

Hello, good to see so many names from TCM. I hadn't posted there much in the last few years, but was sad to see the boards close down.

The Silver Screen Oasis seems like a lovely place, and it's grand, simply grand, to be here!
Come to my room in half an hour, and bring some rye bread.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Yay! So glad to have more great members!
Miss Wonderly was waiting for a weekday to join, let's hope that works. Noir threads await!

Tip: I just discovered the menu, furthest to the left Quick Links in blue directly under the banner.
This is a great start page, to see recent activity, responses of SEVERAL topics of conversation.

The Board Index link below it, next to the house icon is a great start page if you want to see all genre/subforums listed.
laffite

Post by laffite »

TikiSoo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 9:29 am Yay! So glad to have more great members!
Miss Wonderly was waiting for a weekday to join, let's hope that works. Noir threads await!

Tip: I just discovered the menu, furthest to the left Quick Links in blue directly under the banner.
This is a great start page, to see recent activity, responses of SEVERAL topics of conversation.

The Board Index link below it, next to the house icon is a great start page if you want to see all genre/subforums listed.
You have noticed probably that the Recent Topics lots of front page exposure now. It was just five and then you had "turn the page" for more. Now there is a whole slew of them.
Catherine Deneuve in The Murri Affaire
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

laffite wrote: December 13th, 2022, 8:15 pm
TikiSoo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 9:29 am Yay! So glad to have more great members!

You have noticed probably that the Recent Topics lots of front page exposure now. It was just five and then you had "turn the page" for more. Now there is a whole slew of them.
Yes. Much better now. Less scrolling (now that people are posting more).
MovieCollectorOH

Post by MovieCollectorOH »

laffite wrote: December 13th, 2022, 8:15 pm

I like that change too. The aesthetics of having all the latest threads posted to at the top is sort of reminiscent of the much older BB chat boards, while using a more practical, manageable system.