POLTERGEIST (1982)

HoldenIsHere

POLTERGEIST (1982)

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Last night I watched POLTERGEIST (1982) in its entirety. This was my second viewing of the entire movie. Directed by Tobe Hooper with a screenplay by
by Steven Spielberg, Michael Grais and Mark Victor (from a story by Spielberg), POLTERGEIST is a perfectly paced and an immensely entertaining supernatural thriller.

As with my first viewing of the movie, the highlight was the eminently quotable Tangina, the spiritual medium played by Zelda Rubinstein. The most famous Tangina quote is probably her "This house is clean." But there are so many other gems. When she first arrives on the scene she says, "Do y'all mind hanging back? You're jammin' my frequencies."

Does anyone else have a favorite Tangina moment or any thoughts on POLTERGEIST in general?

HoldenIsHere

Re: POLTERGEIST (1982)

Post by HoldenIsHere »

"A terrible presence is in there with her. So much rage, so much betrayal. I've never sensed anything like it. I don't know what hovers over this house, but it was strong enough to punch a hole into this world and take your daughter away from you. It keeps Carol Anne very close to it and away from the spectral light. It lies to her, it tells her things only a child could understand. It has been using her to restrain the others. To her, it simply is another child. To us, it is the Beast.
Now, let's go get your daughter."

HoldenIsHere

Re: POLTERGEIST (1982)

Post by HoldenIsHere »