POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll has ended!

Do you want a Like button?

Poll ended at December 22nd, 2022, 2:45 pm

YES, I want a Like button.
60%
NO, I do not want a Like button.
40%

Total votes: 25

Hibi

Re: POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll ends tomorrow!

Post by Hibi »

Cuthbert wrote: December 21st, 2022, 8:05 pm
laffite wrote: December 21st, 2022, 7:43 pm The LAFFITE NEWS CHANNEL is now calling the race for LIKE. But is it enough to actually vault into existence this button or will if fall short. We go now to one of our news contributors to the Laffite News Channel for an analysis. Go ahead.

:smiley_snoopy: Beats me.

Thank you for that and now some Breaking News!!! Will Joan Bennett ever be SOTM! Our contributor is still here, what say you?

:smiley_snoopy: I think it's scheduled November 2036. Just before Christmas.

Thank you for watching LAFFITE NEWS CHANNEL!!!!

:smilie_happy_thumbup:
Not so fast. Someone from the other camp might call up the Secretary of State for the SSO to plead for a few more votes!

Can posters double vote? Will it prevent voter fraud???
Hibi

Re: POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll ends today!

Post by Hibi »

When does the vote end today? Or is it already over? Today is my last day online for awhile. I might not be able to know till next year! :(
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

laffite wrote: December 21st, 2022, 9:01 pm
Cuthbert wrote: December 21st, 2022, 8:05 pm
laffite wrote: December 21st, 2022, 7:43 pm The LAFFITE NEWS CHANNEL is now calling the race for LIKE. But is it enough to actually vault into existence this button or will if fall short. We go now to one of our news contributors to the Laffite News Channel for an analysis. Go ahead.

:smiley_snoopy: Beats me.

Thank you for that and now some Breaking News!!! Will Joan Bennett ever be SOTM! Our contributor is still here, what say you?

:smiley_snoopy: I think it's scheduled November 2036. Just before Christmas.

Thank you for watching LAFFITE NEWS CHANNEL!!!!

:smilie_happy_thumbup:
Not so fast. Someone from the other camp might call up the Secretary of State for the SSO to plead for a few more votes!
TFG would probably be on the other side. He would be be a LIKES person. Because he likes to be liked. It doesn't occur to him that someone might LIKE someone else. And he is a button person. He has a button that he has issued to all the militias. It reads : "I Like like." Very original. Anyone under the age of 60 may not get that last.

Who is TFG?????
LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

Hibi wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 9:51 am Who is TFG?????
I'm fairly confident that laffite is referring to Donald Trump aka "The Former Guy".
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Hibi wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 9:47 am When does the vote end today? Or is it already over? Today is my last day online for awhile. I might not be able to know till next year! :(
Hibi,

The poll vote ends today at 11:45 a.m. Pacific Standard Time.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

LiamCasey wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 11:00 am
Hibi wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 9:51 am Who is TFG?????
I'm fairly confident that laffite is referring to Donald Trump aka "The Former Guy".
OK. Thanks. Abbreviations drive me up the wall!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

EP Millstone wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 11:08 am
Hibi wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 9:47 am When does the vote end today? Or is it already over? Today is my last day online for awhile. I might not be able to know till next year! :(
Hibi,

The poll vote ends today at 11:45 a.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Rats! I'll be gone by then.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Ah yes, we're both Ohioans, so we're both facing the same extreme winter storm that arrives tonight.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

I do not believe the current votes of only 16 people are sufficient to change the manner in which this site has functioned since it began.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

ElCid wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 12:13 pm I do not believe the current votes of only 16 people are sufficient to change the manner in which this site has functioned since it began.
I totally disagree. This is a great site which has been reinvigorated by us refugees from the TCM site. If you looked at the most recent posts in the categories when we joined, they were years -- sometimes more than a decade -- old. The moderators of this board have already made some adjustments, to account for best practices on boards such as this, related to design, etc. The addition of a "like" button would just be another step in that direction, a step which those who don't want to use it, don't have to.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 12:03 pm
Ah yes, we're both Ohioans, so we're both facing the same extreme winter storm that arrives tonight.
Yep. I'm leaving early and I'm off tomw through next year. Oh, well, I'll find out eventually! :D
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Cuthbert wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 12:39 pm
ElCid wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 12:13 pm I do not believe the current votes of only 16 people are sufficient to change the manner in which this site has functioned since it began.
I totally disagree. This is a great site which has been reinvigorated by us refugees from the TCM site. If you looked at the most recent posts in the categories when we joined, they were years -- sometimes more than a decade -- old.

The moderators of this board have already made some adjustments, to account for best practices on boards such as this, related to design, etc. The addition of a "like" button would just be another step in that direction, a step which those who don't want to use it, don't have to.

If you look at the vast majority of recent posters, we are all people who joined this board within the last couple of months.
Last edited by Swithin on December 22nd, 2022, 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Cuthbert wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 12:39 pm
I totally disagree. This is a great site which has been reinvigorated by us refugees from the TCM site. If you looked at the most recent posts in the categories when we joined, they were years -- sometimes more than a decade -- old. The moderators of this board have already made some adjustments, to account for best practices on boards such as this, related to design, etc. The addition of a "like" button would just be another step in that direction, a step which those who don't want to use it, don't have to.
AGREE! This place was dead before we "refugees" brought it to life again! LOL.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

:smiley_yeah: :smiley_yeah:
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Hibi wrote: December 22nd, 2022, 9:45 am Can posters double vote? Will it prevent voter fraud???
The only way that members could double-vote is if they have two SSO identities (which, to be fully transparent and to honor fully disclosure, I have -- accidentally).

Members can, however, change their votes, which seems to have happened in at least one case today.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields