Natalie Wood IM0 the screens greatest beauty

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

John

here's a link about the sale of the first two series of Wild At Heart. if memory serves me right Hayley didn't appear till midway through series two, but i'll check up on that. it's a British sale so i don't know if you've got a dvd player to cope with it. i couldn't get the link to work properly, but i hope this will do for you. PS Hayley did appear midway through the 2nd series, but i think she was at her best in the 3rd which is currently unavailable

Wild At Heart by Stephen Tompkinson, Amanda Holden, Lucy Jo Hudson, and David Evans (DVD - 2006)
Buy new: £24.99 £6.98 20 Used & new from £4.99
You save: £18.01 (72%)
Get it by Thursday, April 24 if you order in the next 1 hour and choose express delivery.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.
(3)
DVD: See all 8 items

Wild at Heart - Series Two by Stephen Tompkinson, Lucy Jo Hudson, and Amanda Holden (DVD - 2008)
Buy new: £24.99 £14.98 17 Used & new from £13.60
You save: £10.01 (40%)
Get it by Thursday, April 24 if you order in the next 1 hour and choose express delivery.
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.
(1)
DVD: See all 8 items
GaryCooper

Re: Natalie Wood IM0 the screens greatest beauty

Post by GaryCooper »

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow.
D. W. Griffith
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

I still haven't figured out how to post a photo on this site (it was much easier on TCM Message boards) but the "Tonight" scene in West Side Story has a close up of her which shows her at the height of her beauty. EDIT I figured out to do a video, pause it at 2:34
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Beg to differ with ya here, Jim. Ya see, I've always felt Natalie was in the height of her beauty (and sexiness) a few years later and when she co-starred in The Great Race.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Dargo wrote: December 28th, 2022, 2:58 pm Beg to differ with ya here, Jim. Ya see, I've always felt Natalie was in the height of her beauty (and sexiness) a few years later and when she co-starred in The Great Race.
And I would tilt it a year later to 1966, the year of This Property in Condemned and Penelope. I saw the latter when I was 16, and I promptly had a major crush.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

I would have to go with Bob and Carrol and Ted and Alyce for Wood's sexiest role. But my favorite for her was Cash McCall where she and James Garner were terrifically paired.
Not sure it is accurate, but seems to me that many young actresses in late 50's and early 60's styled their looks after Wood's - or maybe the studios did.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.