I Stream! U Stream! We All Stream for . . .

When was it made? Who was he or she? Where do films go? Helpful links here.
EP Millstone

I Stream! U Stream! We All Stream for . . .

Post by EP Millstone »

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Lomm
Administrator

Re: I Stream! U Stream! We All Stream for . . .

Post by Lomm »

Tubi and Pluto TV are both great free services. I hadn't seen Classix before. I think I have most/all of the classic films on there that I want to see though, at least anything essential.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Lomm wrote: January 9th, 2023, 3:18 pm Tubi and Pluto TV are both great free services. I hadn't seen Classix before. I think I have most/all of the classic films on there that I want to see though, at least anything essential.
I only watch services that are free and can be seen on an actual smart TV. Tubi, freevee, etc.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: January 9th, 2023, 3:18 pm Tubi and Pluto TV are both great free services. I hadn't seen Classix before. I think I have most/all of the classic films on there that I want to see though, at least anything essential.
I used to watch Pluto TV, primarily episodes of American Gladiators (strictly because of the female "gladiators"). But I ultimately bailed because of the, for me, insufferable abundance of ads. I HATE ads*!

Tubi has ads, but nothing compared to the avalanche on Pluto TV.

I haven't yet checked out Classix.

* I like how Peacock delivers ads (for movies, at least). It front-loads about five minutes worth of ads before a movie, which then can be watched without interruption.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

LawrenceA wrote: January 9th, 2023, 4:15 pm I sub to Netflix, Apple+, Disney+, Hulu, HBOMax, Peacock Premium, Shudder, Criterion Channel, and Prime Video. Through Prime, I also get a few more "channels": Paramount+, Showtime+, and Screambox.
With the exceptions of Netflix, Apple+, HBOMax, Paramount+, Showtime+, and Screambox, I subscribe to the streaming services that you named. I used to subscribe to Netflix but dropped it after a price hike and mainly because there wasn't much on it that appealed to me. I currently subscribe to Shudder, but I'm letting that subscription expire for the same reason I ash-canned Netflix.

Other streaming services that I subscribe to are EPIX, Mubi, and Sling TV -- all via my Roku streaming device.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

VCI Entertainment, "the oldest surviving home video studio in the USA" and "a pioneer in Home Entertainment" has entered the streaming service market.