Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
laffite

Re: Memes

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: July 14th, 2023, 7:36 pm
laffite wrote: July 14th, 2023, 7:01 pm
I blame it on Charlie Brown. And he did not have a breathing problem. He was often however at least mildly intolerant of the world around him. Except Lucy of course. With her a mere sigh was not sufficient. For her he was reduced to a "AAAUUUGH !!! , So far I have not subjected myself and yall to that extremity and I doubt I will. After all, it's only a game as folks are wont to say. I've always hated that expression. Even things that are modified by "only" are of value and ought be treated well (and played well), even if its something as inconsequential as a "Board" game.
As you might know lafiite, poor ol' Charlie Brown wasn't the only person that Lucy Van Pelt's actions would occasionally drive crazy and have them resorting to exclaiming that same expression of anguish...

(...and being a fellow lover of classic film that you are, I assume you were already familiar with the above, weren't you) ;)
Most assuredly. Lucy Van Pelt was an equal opportunity fussbudget, a hellion to all. Poor Schroeder, as well. Thanks for the cartoon. It's of course known all of us, unless one is under 30. And yet do my memory banks deceive? Wasn't there a boy who she liked and was nice to. Not a regular but a phase in that dubious world of Miss Van Pelt? I may be mistaken about that.
Mona
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: July 14th, 2023, 7:55 pm
Most assuredly. Lucy Van Pelt was an equal opportunity fussbudget, a hellion to all. Poor Schroeder, as well. Thanks for the cartoon. It's of course known all of us, unless one is under 30. And yet do my memory banks deceive? Wasn't there a boy who she liked and was nice to. Not a regular but a phase in that dubious world of Miss Van Pelt? I may be mistaken about that.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Lucy was always pretty nice to Schroeder and because she always had an unrequited love for him and thought him dreamy, and especially so when he was playing his piano.

(...and just to clarify any possible misidentification here, that was Lucy's brother Linus in that strip up there and to whom she spoils the ending to Orson Welles' classic film)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: July 14th, 2023, 8:44 pm
laffite wrote: July 14th, 2023, 7:55 pm
Actually, I'm pretty sure Lucy was always pretty nice to Schroeder and because she always had an unrequited love for him and thought him dreamy, and especially so when he was playing his piano.

(...and just to clarify any possible identification here, that was Lucy's brother Linus in that strip up there and to whom she spoils the ending to Orson Welles' classic film)
Oh, of course, how can any self-respecting fan of the strip not know that Lucy loved Schroeder and incessantly bothered him while he was playing classical music, usually or perhaps always Beethoven. I used to get mad at her for that. If he had been playing chopsticks I wouldn't have minded.

Thank you, Dargo, for your great reminders here.. Woe is me.
Mona
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Dargo wrote: July 14th, 2023, 8:44 pm (...and just to clarify any possible misidentification here, that was Lucy's brother Linus in that strip up there and to whom she spoils the ending to Orson Welles' classic film)
Yeah? Well I am so dense the cartoon just doesn't make any sense to me. The movie isn't "spoiled", he should just continue watching it.

Is the mystery of Rosebud's identity really any factor in Kane's story? The story itself is what I find fascinating and most people completely forget there is even a "rosebud" as catalyst to the telling of the story.

Linus is over-reacting, guess that's because he's a child. He doesn't know not to feed the Troll.
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

TikiSoo wrote: July 15th, 2023, 6:04 amIs the mystery of Rosebud's identity really any factor in Kane's story?
But wasn't Rosebud the macguffin that the reporters were chasing?

Not much of a fan of Kane or Wells although I do appreciate his tech innovations and contributions.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

TikiSoo wrote: July 15th, 2023, 6:04 am
Yeah? Well I am so dense the cartoon just doesn't make any sense to me. The movie isn't "spoiled", he should just continue watching it.

Is the mystery of Rosebud's identity really any factor in Kane's story? The story itself is what I find fascinating and most people completely forget there is even a "rosebud" as catalyst to the telling of the story.

Linus is over-reacting, guess that's because he's a child. He doesn't know not to feed the Troll.
Then it sounds like you might like the following meme here, Tiki ;) ...

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

dianedebuda wrote: July 15th, 2023, 8:31 am
But wasn't Rosebud the macguffin that the reporters were chasing?

Not much of a fan of Kane or Wells although I do appreciate his tech innovations and contributions.
And now, here's one for you here, diane ;) ...

Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite

Post by laffite »

TikiSoo wrote: July 15th, 2023, 6:04 am
Dargo wrote: July 14th, 2023, 8:44 pm (...and just to clarify any possible misidentification here, that was Lucy's brother Linus in that strip up there and to whom she spoils the ending to Orson Welles' classic film)

But don't you think that Lucy's spoiler puts a damper on that final scene. I wouldn't want to know that in advance. There is sense throughout that it might be something much more substantial than that. But low and behold ....

...and that it has something to do with childhood is something we might not want to know until the end.

//
Mona
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha