For Dargo: Sinister Seymour?

Chit-chat, current events
NoShear

For Dargo: Sinister Seymour?

Post by NoShear »

Dargo, today marks the fiftieth anniversary of KNOTT'S BERRY FARM's scary debut, the HALLOWEEN HAUNT...

If I correctly recall, you were hip to Larry SEYMOUR Vincent , and I can easily imagine our paths' having crossed at that inaugural treat the FRIGHT NIGHT's host christened in 1973:

Last night I brought myself full circle with the child who once gleefully rode the log jammer - a ride which has been variously named down through the years but still retains the spirit of the park's annual Halloween theme and then some!

Dargo

Re: For Dargo: Sinister Seymour?

Post by Dargo »

Very cool, NS!

Yep, Larry "Seymour" Vincent was the first TV horror host I remember watching back in the day on L.A. television. My first viewing of what I consider THE worst movie ever made, 'The Creeping Terror' (1964) was presented by him sometime around '69 or '70, as I recall. Always had funny asides to offer up about the Grade-Z films he showed.

But nope, can't say I ever attended any of the Knott's Berry Farm Halloween Haunts shindigs, and even after Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson took over his show and this annual gig after Vincent suddenly died. Although, I DID once meet her out of her character at a bar in Redondo Beach.

(...she was dating my roommate at the time)
NoShear

Re: For Dargo: Sinister Seymour?

Post by NoShear »

Dargo wrote: October 26th, 2023, 2:17 pm Very cool, NS!

Yep, Larry "Seymour" Vincent was the first TV horror host I remember watching back in the day on L.A. television. My first viewing of what I consider THE worst movie ever made, 'The Creeping Terror' (1964) was presented by him sometime around '69 or '70, as I recall. Always had funny asides to offer up about the Grade-Z films he showed.

But nope, can't say I ever attended any of the Knott's Berry Farm Halloween Haunts shindigs, and even after Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson took over his show and this annual gig after Vincent suddenly died. Although, I DID once meet her out of her character at a bar in Redondo Beach.

(...she was dating my roommate at the time)
I'm assuming you also caught a few creepy clunkers through this show which was the first of its genre that I can recall ever viewing, Dargo:

Interesting that your long list of celebrity encounters includes Cassandra Peterson!