I Just Watched...

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Hibi

Re: I Just Watched...

Post by Hibi »

The politician's name Kate married at the time was Tim Hagen. They have since divorced and she's remarried. I don't even remember the guy. He lost badly in the election 20 some years ago. (GOP rules this state). He was from the Cleveland area. Did some research today.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Hibi wrote: February 15th, 2024, 11:01 am...
Maybe the best episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents starring CLAUDE RAINS ...The Death of Riabouchinska

...I missed it this go-round. Rains starred in some great AH episodes during the run. He must've been in 3 or 4. I miss anthology shows.
I can think of 3 episodes CLAUDE RAINS appeared in. I always enjoy him.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Hibi wrote: February 15th, 2024, 10:20 am
BREAKING NEWS!! PAULA is back! :( Ad nauseum promos this week trumpeting her return on the Dateline ID channel! Starting in March. Was hoping we'd seen the last of her.
That b**** is made of liquid nitrogen, like THE TERMINATOR 2 guy.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lorna wrote: February 15th, 2024, 1:19 pm
BREAKING NEWS!! PAULA is back! :( Ad nauseum promos this week trumpeting her return on the Dateline ID channel! Starting in March. Was hoping we'd seen the last of her.
It just never ends. :( At least they banished her from Sunday nights.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

CinemaInternational wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:58 am
After all this, I'm still in the TV mood, so I'll share my 52 favorite series list. As you can see, I didn't really buy into the internet's insistence that post-2000 shows are the best. Only 5 of these shows started after January 1, 2000....

43 Soap
I really wish that the original broadcast versions of the SOAP episodes would be released on either DVD or for streaming.
Unfortunately only the cut syndicated versions are available for most episodes.

Susan Harris's writing was comic brilliance.

When Billy Crystal's character Jodie Dallas was trying to get custody of his daughter, the mother's attorney tried to paint him as morally unfit and asked him on the stand if he was a practicing homosexual.
Jodie's response: "I don't have to practice. I'm very good."
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

CinemaInternational wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:58 am Ok, I know I have been offline for a few days (for a good reason, I've been helping to take care of my ailing father, who is very fragile right now. I'm quite scared because he seems to be deteriorating rapidly healthwise. It's particularly bad because he's only 61. I am hoping to get home internet soon so I could possibly converse while he's taking a nap)
thank you for all the information in your post, especially regarding KATE MULGREW'S experience on RYAN'S HOPE.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, although I am not a natural when it comes to consoling people myself- I offer the following clip, which seriously never fails to amuse me- EVEN IN MY DARKEST MOMENTS- of which there are MANY.

I have seen it 557 times and never once have I not laughed out loud in doing so.

it might actually be THE GREATEST FILM MOMENT OF ALL TIME.

I actually intended for it to be MY FINAL POST on THE TCM MESSAGE BOARDS as, for me, it is the PUREST EXAMPLE of THE POWER OF FILM TO HEAL THROUGH LAUGHTER.

Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Hibi wrote: February 15th, 2024, 2:12 pm
I had to AGGRESSIVELY go through the ID shows on HULU and give MANY TITLES THUMBS DOWN so they'd stop recommending them. ESPECIALLY JOE KENDA.

PS- I miss VAUTRIN.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

kingrat wrote: February 15th, 2024, 2:20 pm
The story of Jackson Pollock doesn't fall easily into a dramatic shape. It's sort of a Susan Hayward movie with a male hero

SO, in other words, A SUSAN HAYWARD MOVIE.

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lorna wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:32 pm

I had to AGGRESSIVELY go through the ID shows on HULU and give MANY TITLES THUMBS DOWN so they'd stop recommending them. ESPECIALLY JOE KENDA.

PS- I miss VAUTRIN.
A Little Secret: He's here!!!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lorna wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:32 pm

PS- I miss VAUTRIN.
UGH! Joe Kenda. He's up there with Paula. At least he's off the air now, meanwhile Paula.......
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lorna wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:28 pm
CinemaInternational wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:58 am Ok, I know I have been offline for a few days (for a good reason, I've been helping to take care of my ailing father, who is very fragile right now. I'm quite scared because he seems to be deteriorating rapidly healthwise. It's particularly bad because he's only 61. I am hoping to get home internet soon so I could possibly converse while he's taking a nap)
thank you for all the information in your post, especially regarding KATE MULGREW'S experience on RYAN'S HOPE.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, although I am not a natural when it comes to consoling people myself- I offer the following clip, which seriously never fails to amuse me- EVEN IN MY DARKEST MOMENTS- of which there are MANY.

I have seen it 557 times and never once have I not laughed out loud in doing so.

it might actually be THE GREATEST FILM MOMENT OF ALL TIME.

I actually intended for it to be MY FINAL POST on THE TCM MESSAGE BOARDS as, for me, it is the PUREST EXAMPLE of THE POWER OF FILM TO HEAL THROUGH LAUGHTER.

Comedy GOLD!!! I'd forgotten I'd seen that awful film on Svengoolie. John Carradine must've really been short of cash!
Andree

Post by Andree »

Wow, I haven't thought of Paula in a hound's age. She is indestructible. If she was standing at ground
zero when a nuke was dropped she's still be alive with perfect hair and makeup. As I've said before,
I usually like the stories, it's her inane questions that are LOL funny. I haven't watched a lot of ID
lately. It seems they're running a lot of those body cam and bad relationship shows, which aren't
my favs. I did watch the Death by Fame episode about James Brown. They spent too much time on
the death of his son-in-law. Who gives a rip about that? I noticed that Evil Lives Here has new intro
music, much less creepy than the old one which was one of the spookiest around. I hope FTN will
be back sometime. Hey, your dog peed on my rose bush.........BANG BANG BANG.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: February 15th, 2024, 5:03 pm Wow, I haven't thought of Paula in a hound's age. She is indestructible. If she was standing at ground
zero when a nuke was dropped she's still be alive with perfect hair and makeup. As I've said before,
I usually like the stories, it's her inane questions that are LOL funny. I haven't watched a lot of ID
lately. It seems they're running a lot of those body cam and bad relationship shows, which aren't
my favs. I did watch the Death by Fame episode about James Brown. They spent too much time on
the death of his son-in-law. Who gives a rip about that? I noticed that Evil Lives Here has new intro
music, much less creepy than the old one which was one of the spookiest around. I hope FTN will
be back sometime. Hey, your dog peed on my rose bush.........BANG BANG BANG.

Agree. Many of the new shows suck. I hate those BodyCam/BldgCam shows. I used to watch whole nights of Dateline during the week. I rarely do that now and often skip whole nights w/out watching. Death by Fame seems to have run out of steam too. They've run out of big celebrities to cover and are featuring people I've never heard of now!

The Playboy show is still fairly interesting, but they've run out of big names too, to cover.

The problem with Paula's show isn't the stories. It's PAULA! I'd watch if she weren't the host. I don't know why they think she's some sort of big deal. She must know someone there.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Hey, hey, Paula. I usually watched her show and tried to disregard her as much as possible.
I haven't watched too many of the Playboy series as I figured they would all have a similar
plot. There are still a few good shows that turn up. People Magazine Investigates often has
interesting stories.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky