Ridley Scott's "Napoleon" (2023)

Allhallowsday

Re: Ridley Scott's "Napoleon" (2023)

Post by Allhallowsday »

kingrat wrote: November 28th, 2023, 8:36 pm ..."Adenoidal lisp" is good for Brando's forays at playing upperclass characters, too.
And closeted Army Majors...

CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Allhallowsday wrote: November 28th, 2023, 10:07 pm
kingrat wrote: November 28th, 2023, 8:36 pm ..."Adenoidal lisp" is good for Brando's forays at playing upperclass characters, too.
And closeted Army Majors...

And speaking of Reflections in a Golden Eye, what exactly is to be made of TCM's airings of that film? When I watched it several years ago, it was in that heavily golden drenched version that matched how John Huston wanted it seen, but several months ago, I turned on the TV (I have it set to turn to TCM as soon as its turned on), and it was the basic color version.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

CinemaInternational wrote: November 29th, 2023, 1:47 pm ...And speaking of Reflections in a Golden Eye, what exactly is to be made of TCM's airings of that film? When I watched it several years ago, it was in that heavily golden drenched version that matched how John Huston wanted it seen, but several months ago, I turned on the TV (I have it set to turn to TCM as soon as its turned on), and it was the basic color version.
In either hue, it's a ham-handed potboiler. :D
jameselliot

Post by jameselliot »

The end of Waterloo had some footage of scavengers robbing the dead. It was difficult to watch. I still feel it was the best of the Napoleon films. Phoenix holds high the mumble mouth torch passed on by Brando, figuratively speaking.