Stargate, pariculary Amanda Tapping

stuart.uk

Stargate, pariculary Amanda Tapping

Post by stuart.uk »

i was disppointed that UK's Channel 4 T4 show aimed at teenagers stopped showing Stargate SG1. the last series we got was when Richard Dean Anderson's Jack O'Neil was made Commander In Chief of the base and Amanda Tapping's Samantha Carter was promoted to Colonel and took command of the SG1 unit.

i gather now that Beau Bridges became Commander of the base. i miss the show, particulary Amanda Tapping. not only was she one of tvs greatest action heroines, she when dolled up was one very sexy lady. she looked a bit special in her dress uniform
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Stuart:

Apparently you haven't seen any of my posts complaining about the cancellation of Stargate sg-1. You were not shown the last two half seasons that were made. Amanda eventually ended up as the leader of SG1 on Stargate Atlantis, but still as the show Stargate sg-1. They were supposed to wrap everything up with a final 5 weeks, but I think that has been squelched in favor of a movie.

I adored that show and saw ever episode at least 2 and sometimes 3 times. But it did lose something when RDA left.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

The first ever episode i saw was when the then Captain Carter challanged a war lord to a duel for the way he treated his wife. he laughed at her, dismissing her as a mere woman. he learned his lesson the hard way Lol
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

My husband and son got me hooked on this show. I love Tapping's character--beautiful, brilliant, tough. If she was a little better in the personal relationships area, she'd be a perfect role model.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Anne

just bought a dvd Stargate the Ark of Truth, a feature length film. there's two new characters Cambell Mitchell and a woman, who has a daughter, who appears to have died, but has been rivived with a streak of nastiness and super powers. it seems though they're the same rank that Mitchell as replaced Sam as leader of SG1

is that the movie you're thinking off. mind you it seemed to leave the door open for some more

the series when shown on our tv was disjointed. they'd show what the previous episode was and the problem was it had never been seen before. it was as if UKs channell 4 just put on a show at random