Torvil And Dean, back on the ice

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Torvil And Dean, back on the ice

Post by stuart.uk »

Torvill And Dean, who to be fair won't have been known in America, after they retired from competing in global winter games two decades ago, but as far as I can see they're the most enduring dance team of that level, both on and off the ice.

For the past few yrs they've been coaches and mentors to celebrities on the reality show Dancing On Ice, but this also meant a great treat, a weekly Torvil And Dean dance routine.

Recently however, Jane has gone solo, because Chris has been sidelined like in his words like A caged lion, because of a shoulder injury for the first 3 weeks of this series.

However, while Jane's been great on her own, in fact she's looked stunning, it was back to normal tonight. Just watched they're comeback dance routine as a team. It was fantastic!
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

Ahem, I know who Torvil and Dean are! :wink: and I am a Yank!
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Me too! We aren't all louts on this side of the "Pond"! Do you remember too, "Frick and Frack"? Believe it or not, ice rinks in the States are sometimes used for events other than hockey scrums!

As always,

Hollis
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Donna/Hollis

My aplogies if I was misunderstood.

What I meant to say was that I didn't think many in America would know the recent history of Torvil And Dean. They were certainly global stars in the Olympics and World Championships, back in the 1980s