An Occasional Surprise

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
mrsl

An Occasional Surprise

Post by mrsl »

Although this site is derived from TCM, once in a while a newer movie comes along which needs a little attention. This morning I watched The Game Plan, starring Dwayne (the Rock) Johnson. It's just another version of the father getting the child he never knew he had for one reason or another, but this one has much of the charm and joy of Trouble Along the Way, probably the granddaddy of this type of movie with John Wayne and Donna Reed. Some parts are outlandish and completely unrealistic, but that is what makes it fun. I found myself laughing out loud at many of the situations and the chemistry between Dwayne and his onscreen daughter is palpable. Adding to the mix is Roselyn Sanchez one of the most beautiful and sexy ladies to grace the screen in a long time. To get a better look, catch an episode of Without a Trace on TV. This Latin lady has got to have guys watching the show just to see her. In any case the movie is fun and funny, lots of laughs when the football team is involved. I highly recommend for a family weekend night.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Ollie

Re: An Occasional Surprise

Post by Ollie »

Dwayne has been making some odd-for-his-past-image choices, but I've seen good things in all of those.