I'm moving but I'm going to be offline for ages!!!

Chit-chat, current events
silentscreen

Re: I'm moving but I'm going to be offline for ages!!!

Post by silentscreen »

mrsl wrote:Don't you guys think you're being just a little too hard on poor Alison? Let up a little will you?

Anne
What are ya kidding me? We're going easy. 8)
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
myrnaloyisdope

Post by myrnaloyisdope »

Yikes, 6 weeks without the internet...you're a braver soul than I.

Best of luck with the move, you'll be missed in the meantime.
"Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?" - The Magnetic Fields
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

The new home sounds great. Where is the screening room? Are you going to break it in with The Circus? City Lights? The Mutuals? (Maybe you should stay away from Keaton's One Week until you're settled in.)

Good luck and hope you get your internet back soon!
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Of course I'm having a laugh at her expense. She knows that I'll miss her terribly. The new home sounds grand!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Here I am guys, it won't be long before I'm up and running again, a few more days, the internet sems to have sorted itself quicker than I expected.

It's only been three weeks and it feels like three months. I can say that I am never moving again until I'm old and grey and can't manage my stairs :lol:

Everything arrived safely, all our furniture arrived on time and the last bit of building work is just being finished off. The kids are really settled and proud of their rooms, Joe now has a room he can move around in. We are in quite a quiet area surrounded by trees, it's lovely to hear the rustle of the trees.

One piece of sadness, Freddy our lovely soft tabby pussycat died within a week of coming here. He was happy to get here, he seemed very pleased to be around his 'stuff' again. We think he waited until he knew we were settled and gave in to his maladies. It was the saddest day I've known, Libby cried all night and kept setting me off.

The remedy is a 2 month old ginger tom cat called Charlie who is draped over my arms as I type. He's a cutie and as nutty as can be. We get pangs for Fred but Charlie and Claude our 13 year old keeps the worst at bay.

Speak to you all later.

Alison
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

I'm happy to see you back at SSO Alison! :D

On the other hand, how sad to hear about the death of Freddy and all your suffering. A big hug for you and the kids.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Welcome back.

Mischief's afoot. (wink, wink) ..I say no more.

B
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

I'm glad the move went well. And, I am sorry to hear about your poor baby, but we all have to go, and he was in comfortable surroundings when he went. Glad you have a new little friend to help you over the hump.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm just waiting for a new email address, I couldn't take the old one with me and am using the internet now via a wire which we are sharing hence the limit on time I'm online. I've missed you guys.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin