The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
Birdy

Re: The whiny thread

Post by Birdy »

i fell on the ice thurs. Had a rough couple of days but today doc said the screws and plates are looking good. switched me to a brace and i feel better already. i had a couple of bawling fits over the days but tried to stay tough. i am feeling am back to myself and expect every day to get better. how do people survive long lay ups? this house is a wreck. sorry for no caps - one handed. i won't write much but at least feel like reading now. couldn't even focus for a couple of days. thank god for tcm and bewitched!! thank you all for your nice messages.
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE i was at a gas station.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

only a couple of cries? Lord, Ms B, you are entitled to more than that! But I'm glad you are healing, and ya know what? The house will be there for you when you can deal with it. Right now, just get better! We're all praying for a swift recovery for you, we miss you around here!!!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I fell badly Birdy but thankfully nothing was broken but it shook me up, you need to take care of yourself and never mind the housework. You enjoy TCM and pop by when you can.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Better every day - doc says the hardware is doing it;s job in my wrist. it looks ugly but he says it looks great - we'll trust his opin. Still more time with pain than without - but the gap is closing. Be careful out there - more weather coming across. B
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

I'm glad you're feeling better Birdy. Take good care and heal quickly!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
charliechaplinfan

I think your wrist will heal quicker if you watch some good movies and eat chocolate :wink:

Get well soon.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Hardware? Ugly? His name isn't Victor von something-or-other, is it? He didn't, like, wait for a storm to raise your hospital bed up into some storm?!! Jeepers - and this weekend it sounds like there's going to be more falls in store. I was hoping we'd keep all of that here in Texas, but someone opened the Red River again and, whoosh, there it goes - thru Texarkana and away!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hey, Ms. B, how's it going?? Have you been hit with the snow? Just watched the 10pm weather, we're supposed to get "a light dusting or wintry mix" on Friday. I hope your wrist is healing, and the pain has left.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

it still hurts on and off - can't touch it. can use fingers but put no pressure on wrist - easier said than done. everyday is better. thanks for asking.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

My wrist looks and feels a lot better - will try to go to work mon. thanks for putting up with my poor typing during this - it's tricky. i'm so bored and lonely and you all are a lot of fun. i got to go out to for val day and had a nice time. even a band.

whine - i moved into my husband's recliner to sleep during recovery. no vcr or dvd player in there and since i'm the it, i'm sol. so none of mty favorite comfort movies and tcm hasn't had a lot of my type overnight lately. did you know you can watch The Nanny or Sabrina, the teenage witch till dawn? i'll be glad when i can sleep thru the night.

i'm nervous about driving but maybe the brace will provide enough support. i'll try today so watch out on the sidewalks!
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Back to work and among the dressed and living!
It was great to be back - It will get better every day.
B
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

HOORAY!!! I think....it is rather nice to be at home in jammies, but one does have to eat......

I am glad you are healing!!
charliechaplinfan

I'm glad you are getting better Birdy. I wish the films had been more to your liking :wink:
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Yeah, well, thanks for the vote of confidence but I couldn't make it today. Guess I did too much yest so today it was me and the cat in the recliner. Will try it again tomorrow and won't be working alone like I was Tues so will try to go easier.
Thanks, friends, B
jdb1

Oy, Canada

Post by jdb1 »

So, fellow SSO-ers. I notice that no one here has been doing any lyrical waxing over the Winter Olympics.

Is it because you are all finding it as boring, hapless and beside the point as I'm finding it? I really don't think this year's version warrants the bazillion hours of primetime TV that NBC is giving it. The planets do not seem to be propitiously aligned over Vancouver.

Every time I take a peek, someone is falling down, making a mistake, or having a hissy fit. What's the trouble? Is it the economy? Is it that no country is pouring out the money to train and prepare and hype the athletes as they have done in the past? Or is it maybe that these young people are the same as young people everywhere now: unfocused, unaccustomed to hard work, and unable to take criticism?

So far I've found the most entertaining aspect of this snorefest to be how the announcers and commentators are struggling to generate some excitement about what's being broadcast. It can't be easy.