MGM Studio Tour Hey Moraldo!!!!

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

MGM Studio Tour Hey Moraldo!!!!

Post by Lzcutter »

Moraldo,

At the end of He Who Gets Slapped a couple of weeks ago (at least I think it was He), TCM ran a short (well, it was more like a midi because it ran for almost 40 minutes).

But, the point I am trying to make is that it was a tour of MGM studios from the late 1920s or the early 1930s and knowing how much you love that lot, you have to see this short (midi).

There were glass windows that fronted on Washington Blvd. They are there in this short. Some of the soundstages and buildings that we could see from the street when you came to town last month for your Hollywood Adventure are in this short. There is even a shot of one of the glass sound stages from the silent era. Plus all the different departments and employees.

Fox also has a studio tour from roughly the same era and it is available on DVD.

Does anyone know if this MGM Studio Tour is available as an extra on a DVD?

You will love this studio tour. I loved it for the shot of William Wellman, Sr and the glass windows.
Last edited by Lzcutter on June 19th, 2007, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Moraldo Rubini

Thanks Lynn!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

You know me well. I caught most of this entertainingly long short the night it was aired. I immediately recognized the colonnade exterior that we followed. At one point the camera enters the portal of this section, which gave me the thrill of discovering what was on the other side of the wall. I only wish I could have directed the camera beyond that ("turn left here please... then make a right..."). It was also great to glimpse the faces behind the many names we read on the credits of MGM movies. The group shot of the directors was very cool to see...