Favorite Heists on Film

charliechaplinfan

Re: Favorite Heists on Film

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I loved Hell Is A City, so much atomosphere. I love this genre, the only one I haven't liked that much is The Thomas Crown Affair the original, I don't know whether I came to it too late or I'd heard too much about it but when I watched it I found it a let down, even the chess scene. I liked the remake which is unusual for me to like a remake better than the original.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

BE STILL MY HEART.
[b][u][color=#4040BF]JackFavell[/color][/u][/b] wrote: Moira, I fell hard for Paul Sand on the Mary Tyler Moore show when I was about 8 years old, watched his short lived series, and I find that when he turns up my heart starts palpitating again. The Hot Rock isn't the greatest movie, but Sand and Mostel are super in it. I'll admit that I can't remember one damn thing from it except Sand and Mostel.
I have not seen or heard the name Paul Sand in about two thousand years. Oh my. I imdb'd Paulie to see what year his short-lived show was aired. Then I went to my stash of FALL PREVIEW TV GUIDES that I saved. (I have Fall Preview issues from 1969 - 1992). When I found the year, I went to that year's issue and used my iPOD Touch to take these two pix below:

Image Image
FRIENDS AND LOVERS.

Sorry 'bout how crappy the pix are. I couldn't get close and stay in focus.

Just wanted to get your heart pumping.

Oh yes, I like "The Asphalt Jungle" "The Kiliing" and "Odds Against Tomorrow" in terms of heist films.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my gosh! Be still my heart! Where did you find that??? I think I actually remember it, I probably cut it out and saved it. Here, let me just sneak a copy of it for my files.... Image :D

I remember I thought he was so cool, he cited Buster Keaton as an influence, and actually lived in Keaton's house, probably for all too brief a time.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[b][u][color=#800000]JackFavell[/color][/u][/b] wrote:Oh my gosh! Be still my heart! Where did you find that??? I think I actually remember it, I probably cut it out and saved it. Here, let me just sneak a copy of it for my files.... Image :D

I remember I thought he was so cool, he cited Buster Keaton as an influence, and actually lived in Keaton's house, probably for all too brief a time.
Ha!! I'm glad you liked it Wendy. I have Fall Preview TV Guides from 1969 - 1992. I got this picture from my Fall Preview TV Guide of September 1974. :D
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I believe I heard good things about FRIENDS AND LOVERS. I don't remember seeing it.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I watched CRISS CROSS again. What a wonderful crime film! There's very, very little wrong with it. I actually got the video to show it to a friend. But I couldn't wait! We'll have to watch something else.
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

"Criss Cross" is wonderful. I like pretty much any film in which Dan Duryea is the bad guy, and I love Alan Napier as Finchley, the guy who works out the details of the robbery. You just have to wonder what made Finchley the alcoholic wreck that he is.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Working for Batman is stressful!
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Just remembered a couple of fun ones: LARCENY, INC. and its not so distant cousin SMALL TIME CROOKS.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh, great choices!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Like I said, I don't think I've ever seen a heist film I didn't like. I'm the Will Rogers of caper movies!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm right with you, Red. I love em all.