Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
laffite

Re: Memes

Post by laffite »

I HAVE THE WORST TASTE IN MOVIES. IF YOU LIKE MOVIES THAT I LIKE, PLEASE WORK ON YOURSELF
Variations on a Meme. A poor one, I'm sure. But I am risking it because life is becoming meaningless and what do I have to lose. I know what what a meme is but have no feel for it. At least to make them up myself. I am no doubt deficient in some way. I still seem to have have a sense-of-humor with all my f-a-c-u-l-t-i-e-s intact. I'm still not sure what is an approved source. I seem to recall restrictions of some sort. Woe is me!

:smiley_snoopy: Oh come on, laffite. Snap out of it. Haven't you read Wordsworth?

Great God! I’d rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

P.S. Pedantry Alert and Pop Quiz. I made a literary allusion above that might be very obscure to some. It you are not an avid reader and/or below the age of 55, forget it.

P.P.S I read that poem recently at an amateur poetry reading group. The Last lines of a sonnet entitled "The World Is Too Much With Us." Reading those lines to an appreciative audience is inspiring, a short but thrilling little ride. I am so moved, and with my delivery not the cause.

//
The Shining Hour (1938)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: January 20th, 2023, 11:46 am Image
LOL

For a nano second there, I ...

///
The Shining Hour (1938)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Did you know that the word: 'gullible' is not in the dictionary?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:53 pm And I’m sorry Masha, I’ve been saying gullible very slow for a good while now and it does not sound close to oranges. So I don’t get it.
In that case Thompson, try saying the word "dupable" really really slowly, and then tell me if it doesn't sound like "pineapple"!

(...and when ya get done with this, I've got some other words like "credulous", "deceivable" and "impressionable" you can do this same thing with as well, and then tell me what fruit they begin to sound like)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:32 pm In that case Thompson, try saying the word "dupable" really really slowly, and then tell me if it doesn't sound like "pineapple"!

(...and when ya get done with this, I've got some other words like "credulous", "deceivable" and "impressionable" you can do this same thing with as well, and then tell me what fruit they begin to sound like)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:53 pm And I’m sorry Masha, I’ve been saying gullible very slow for a good while now and it does not sound close to oranges. So I don’t get it.
The two words are so far apart that one knows immediately it is nonsense. If one starts to sound the word to see ... then that person is a g-word person.

Thompson, with respect. Are you on the sauce when posting? Or is this old news. if so, it certainly is not becoming.
//
The Shining Hour (1938)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Well laffite, while YOU may find Thompson's missives around here as unbecoming, I have to admit they still quite often make ME laugh out loud!

(...uh-huh, kind'a like how I'll now ALSO admit to laughing out loud back when I'd watch Foster Brooks on those old Dean Martin roast shows) ;)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:28 pm
Dargo wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:32 pm In that case Thompson, try saying the word "dupable" really really slowly, and then tell me if it doesn't sound like "pineapple"!

LOL

Ya know, I've always said your comedic timing was excellent, don't ya Masha?!

(...uh-huh, even back when you used to go by that other name) ;)