The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

At least your daughter is aware of the possibility of a C-Section. When my son was born 21 years ago that never came up in any meeting or class with anybody. So the morning they decided to do it there was a mad rush by the medical team in to the room. They pushed me out of the way, started working on my wife and generally set her into a panic.

Later as they opened her up I got to hear my son crying before they pealed away the last layer of muscle. I got to see inside too. That was interesting. Mother and son are still doing well.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Klonnie, my thoughts are with you and your daughter in law. I was a C-section as I was my mother's 5th pregnancy and yet I'm an only child. Thank your lucky star that medical science has come so far in the last 50 years. She'll be fine, just wait and see! And as far as speeding tickets go, in December, I received the first moving violation in 40+ years of driving. I was doing 70 in a 55 mph zone, on a winding county road in a rural area (as almost all of Alabama is) and a county mountie nailed me dead to rights. I went to traffic court (a drive of over 80 miles) and the best I could do was get an additional 60 days to pay the fine. What I wouldn't have given to be a young woman with nice legs and a short skirt! At least it didn't affect my car insurance rate! Oh well...

As always,

Hollis
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

The last time I got pulled over and ticketed was about three years ago by a surly, overweight country cop. Really bad luck for me as it was in a work zone outside this little, nothing town with no road workers in sight. I really didn't realize that I was "speeding." Cost me over $200 and went on my record, so I wasn't lucky at all! I don't think even a plateful of homemade chocolate chip cookies would have encouraged this guy to let me off with a gentle warning. He had an agenda. :roll:
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Klonnie, thank heavens c-sections are more common now. When my 2nd was born, he weighed in at 10.8 pounds. I stand 5'1.5" and believe me, a c-section would have been wonderful....The doctor had the NERVE to tell me IN THE DELIVERY ROOM, my next one would undoubtedly weigh 12 pounds...I said, "Wanna bet???" Actually that is the sanitized version....

H, the days of being
a young woman with nice legs and a short skirt!
are long, long, LONG gone. I think the poor fellow took one look at me and thought " a MOTHER" maybe even a "GRANDMOTHER"... :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Hey Klondike:

Forty-seven years ago my son was born by an emergency C-section, the following year my daughter was born by the normal birth process. Two years later, my second son was born by planned C-section as was my youngest daughter one year after that. When given the choice, I would choose the C-section any day of the year :!: No labor pains, no baby with a mis-shapen head or black and blue marks on him/her, etc. In addition, that was in the days that the whole tummy was cut open instead of the little slit they use now. The worse thing about it was the shot in the spine - not that it hurt, but it is what caused my back pain all these years since my last baby. I believe they use a different method now also, so that fear is most likely gone.

What I'm saying is relax gramps. Medical procedures have vastly improved since my day, yet I came through it four time without too much problem. Tell her I'll be thinking of her though.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

My daughter-in-law Danielle may have to deliver via C-Section as well. There is a longer recovery time involved I believe, but it is still sometimes the best option for mother and child. Keep us all updated!
klondike

Post by klondike »

Wow, did I say early next week?!!

SHE'S HERE NOW!

A hearty round of applause for Klondike Grandkid #9:

Miss Joely Rain . . arriving in Christianburg, Virginia @ 6:09 pm;

6#, 9 oz, 18.5" long, lotsa dark red hair.

Wes is euphoric, Megan's glad but exhausted & Poppy's grinnin' like a proud old Highland chieftain.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Wow, welcome Miss Joely Rain! (What a lovely name!) And hearty congrats to all, and a healthy round of applause for a job well done! :D
feaito

Post by feaito »

My heartfelt congratulations on the birth of your grandaughter Joely Klondike! :D
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Dear Klonnie,

My most heartfelt congratulations to you and your kin! Break out the bagpipes! Let me offer you an old Hebrew toast, L'Chaim! To life!

As always,

Hollis
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Klonnie - despite our cat/dog differences, there's one thing we agree on..l.the world can never have enough redheads! Congrats and blessings to you and yours. Birdy
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

movieman1957 wrote:
Later as they opened her up I got to hear my son crying before they pealed away the last layer of muscle. I got to see inside too. That was interesting. Mother and son are still doing well.
My husband had that experience, I have to say I couldn't have looked but he was most interested. It was he who told me we'd had a girl. Joe was a normal delivery, he came out so quickly we didn't see what he was, the midwife was swaddling him and we had no idea if it was a boy or a girl. I had more pain in the short term after Joe than after having Libby, which is very strange. Although I recovered quicker from Joe's delivery. The thing that drove me mad was no driving, no carrying etc. Oh those first 6 weeks drove me nutty.

Congratulations Klonny :D :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

To the newest member of the Klondike Klan, Miss Joely Rain:

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.

Lucky stars above you,
Sunshine on your way,
Many friends to love you,
Joy in work and play-
Laughter to outweigh each care,
In your heart a song-
And gladness waiting everywhere
All your whole life long!

And to her proud Grandpap: SLAINTE!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Welcome Miss Joely :!: :!: :!:

* * * HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE * * *

You're lucky, you're sharing your birthday with a great guy - My brother.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Congratulations! What wonderful news!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor