'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
knitwit45

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by knitwit45 »

Judith,hopefully it will be quite a while before you have to have a "stroller"...
when you do shop for one, here is what I've learned in the past few weeks (my little 88 yr old friend just got one) a. biggest wheels available, so you don't tip over.
b. some kind of bag or box UNDER the seat (for all your "stuff")
c. brakes that stop on a dime (you wouldn't believe the traffic jams I've seen at her residence center :shock: :lol: :shock: ) and get one in racing red or brilliant blue...fashion is a must!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Hey guys, let me jump back in here for a minute. I started therapy on my shoulder yesterday but my therapist said the pain goes so far down my back, across my shoulders and down my side, she is going to work with me for about a month, but if it doesn't show improvement, I'll have to try for an MRI to see just how much damage has been done by ignoring the problem. NOW remember, I'm talking about a year ago that I fell, by tripping on a rug, and this has only just shown up in the past couple of months. So by all means, go have X-rays done to avoid compounding your problems.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

BOO GRAVITY!

I'm so sorry to hear about this list of accidents. I've managed to remain upright, but gravity brought a huge wooden stool down on my foot when I was in the way of princess chase scene following a teaparty. (Think they'd sat still too long?)
Now Anne's story is making me wonder if I should get the swelling checked out.
Everyone take care of yourselves and watch out for slick spots and running princesses.

Anne, hope you get good news and the therapy is helpful.
Birdy
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Austin had a rainy day last Friday, but it looks like our Week O' Winter has been fulfilled as we've been pressing the 70f temp reading (20-21c) since then. We'll probably have a few more freezing nights ahead but, alas, it looks like our "coldest temps since 1976" will be relegated to a few consecutive evenings without a hint of some white-stuff to play in. Darn. We could be scrambling for sunblock and swimsuits before this week is up.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

chris and feaito - I remember a Christmas break in the 70s when I ran out to the mailbox barefoot. Then a couple of years later: the blizzard.
B
feaito

Post by feaito »

Birdy wrote:chris and feaito - I remember a Christmas break in the 70s when I ran out to the mailbox barefoot. Then a couple of years later: the blizzard.
B
I'd like to spend ONE Xmas in my life in the northern hemisphere, with snow. Can you picture Santas of the street, sweating a lot under their suits and beards? Here it is like that.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I couldn't imagine a sweating Santa or a warm Christmas, it sounds as crazy as having gravy with ice cream but the warmth does has a lot of appeal.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

charliechaplinfan wrote:I couldn't imagine a sweating Santa or a warm Christmas, it sounds as crazy as having gravy with ice cream but the warmth does has a lot of appeal.
When I come across a pix I'll post it...
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I've tried to avoid posting too much in this thread the last two months because of the awful weather so many of you have experienced while here in the City of Angels we have enjoyed lots of sunshine and good temps.

Thats' gone for this week they say. It has been raining continually since yesterday. They say it will be like this all week. The streets are flooded and the people who live in the areas where the huge Station fire went through are on evacuation alert.

The weather guys are saying this could be the start of an El Nino winter. The last time El Nino came through it rained for three months with little let-up.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

misery is misery, no matter what the temperature is! Unceasing rain is, to say the least, depressing. With snow, one has a reason to stay indoors, but when I hear "oh, it's only rain!" I think about you folks out west, and the flooding and mudslides you have to deal with. Here's hoping for blue skies all around!!!!
feaito

Post by feaito »

Lzcutter wrote:The weather guys are saying this could be the start of an El Nino winter. The last time El Nino came through it rained for three months with little let-up.
Here in Chile we've had constants visits of both Monsieur "El Niño" and Mam'selle "La Niña" these last years, and have had rainy and dry winters, alternately....
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Lynn, You can get on here and write, "Sunny, ditto, ditto, ditto..." everyday if you like! I like the idea that someone somewhere is nice and warm and one actually needs sunglasses because of the sun, not just the glare off the snow! Our weather is crazy here so I'm sorry to be such a complainer; on the good weather days I'm less likely to be online. I hope to visit your beautiful state someday; I have not been to the west coast. Maybe I'll wait a week or so, though...
Birdy
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

GASP! The fog has lifted...it's gray and overcast, but I can see my neighbor's house! There IS light at the end of the tunnel...wait, is that a train whistle I hear??
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It rained and the wind picked up night before last, and this morning at the bus stop I was so happy to see grass (although it was brown, and there were great mud patches in between.)! Alice of course found a tall, grey mass of snow, a tiny mountain about two feet high between our neighbor's house and ours, and was climbing on it. She reached the top, and promptly broke through, her leg going deep into the soft, sooty mess. The bus was already coming, so she went off to school with a big grungey blob of dirt on her knee.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thunderstorms last night; always creepy in Illinois in January.
A freak fifty some degrees and a tiny peep of sun (after 10 days) before the grey crept back in. Alright, which of you out there has sunshine and an empty guest room? (I'll settle for a couch.)
Birdy