Farewell ER

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Farewell ER

Post by mrsl »

Leno keeps joking how Channel 5 has the lowest ratings. No wonder when they keep canceling their best shows. They had a #1 with The West Wing, so they canceled, same with ER, they never gave Studio 60 a chance to build a following. Best of all, they replace these great shows with junk like The Office and this new thing about parks and recreation, or NYPD and Law & Order wannabees this Southland. Good thinking guys!!!!. The worst part was introducing us to Dr. Green's daughter, and opening the Carter Center. Did it not occur to anyone that we might enjoy decent drama set at the Center with young Dr. Green leading the pack with Tony and Sam? And finally, what about Chuny? She was a staple all those years. They wrote small parts for Jerry and Frank, but I loved seeing Chuny always around giving comfort, yet she never got any credit, or recognition for it. Obviously I'm going to miss ER terribly, I still miss The West Wing, and catch re-runs whenever I can, but it's not the same. I understand that it's just a TV show, but it gave entertainment, comfort, laughs, tears, hope, and expressions of love just like a dog, so I don't feel too bad about mourning the loss of an hour of weekly programming any more than if a favored friend had gone away.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Birdy

Re: Farewell ER

Post by Birdy »

Anne,
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'd send flowers, but they really don't quite fit the situation.
Seriously, I know what it's like to lose a show you've grown attached to.
I hope new programming that touches your heart and gives you something to look forward to surfaces soon.
B
markfp

Re: Farewell ER

Post by markfp »

Anne, I've been an ER fan from the start and I'm sorry it's gone too, but 15 years is a very long life in the television world. It's a fact that the ratings dropped by 2/3rds since it was in its prime and as far as that goes it could have gotten the axe a couple of years ago. You're right though, it's like losing long-time friends who would drop over every week. Well, at least if you want to you always see them in reruns. Although, I would faithfully watch the new episodes, I never could get interested in the reruns.

I like realistic cop shows so I'm looking forward to SOUTHLAND and I hope that since it's from the same producers as ER it might be pretty good. We shall see.

Mark