Sue Sue's TCM Film Festival Tidbit Travel Blog

feaito

Re: Sue Sue's TCM Film Festival Tidbit Travel Blog

Post by feaito »

Do not worry Christy, since I'm mainly fond of Classic Cinema between 1918-1960, most of the people I admire are already dead :wink:
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

This has been a terrific site thus far, and I enjoyed it. However I did expect to see some images of the group of SSO
members that attended the event. I would like to place faces to the names of those I have been conversing with for years.
Any chance?
Joseph Goodheart
feaito

Post by feaito »

I second Joe's motion! :D
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

I third that motion - and as Mrs. Slocombe on "Are You Being Served" would say - I am unanimous in that!!

Larry
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Did everyone know Christy has her own TCM featurette that was filmed at last year's festival? I haven't seen it since this year's festival but it is the one where she talks about singing "Good Morning" from "Singin' In The Rain" to her son when he wakes up.

She's a joy.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Movieman, Larry, and 'Nando, you are all joys! I took some photos, but had left the digital in Texas and had to buy some throwaways... I will see what I can do. Permissions must be given before I post anything.

'Nando, your comment reminds me of what my sister used to say when I was watching a biography on the BIO channel (What else?) She would always walk halfway through the room, stop, look at me, and say in her most countrified accent, "He's dead now" or "He's a dead man." It would crack me up every time she did it, and I KNEW she was going to say it, because her statement was always preceded by that naughty family twinkle in her eyes...

Chris,I had so much fun meeting you and Carol Ann in Baltimore last November! I will never forget all the great food, fun, and laughing until there were tears in our eyes!!

Went to visit all my rich cousins who had a big party at their "villa" in Galveston. They have a salt water pool where we played volleyball and we would wave and say "Ahoy, there" to all the boats coming in and out of the bay...

I am just traveling around, doing home repairs, and trying not to be responsible for anything .... :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Me too, Christy. We will again.
Chris

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:'Nando, your comment reminds me of what my sister used to say when I was watching a biography on the BIO channel (What else?) She would always walk halfway through the room, stop, look at me, and say in her most countrified accent, "He's dead now" or "He's a dead man." It would crack me up every time she did it, and I KNEW she was going to say it, because her statement was always preceded by that naughty family twinkle in her eyes...
Hey! How did you get my sister to drop over to your house? She's been doing this to me for years--in between rolling her eyes when I spout off with too much information about some obscure character actor or something! I think we're both lucky to have such tolerant relatives, don't you?
Sue Sue Applegate wrote:I am just traveling around, doing home repairs, and trying not to be responsible for anything .... :lol:
Atta girl! Down with obligations! Up with woolgathering! :P
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

ooooo, did somebody say GATHER WOOL? ooooooooooooooo... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm IN!!!!!!!!
KNITTY.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

ooooo, did somebody say GATHER WOOL? ooooooooooooooo... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm IN!!!!!!!!
Me too!

. . . . . . . . . la la la la la la la . . . . . . . . . . . What were we talking about?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

JackFavell wrote:
Me too!

. . . . . . . . . la la la la la la la . . . . . . . . . . . What were we talking about?
Ah, yes, Summer! And the attention span is as short as a...how'd that gnat get in here?

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Well, ladies, I may just have to start a thread about family antics. Yes, my sister and your sister must be related, Moira.

And Jackie and Knitty, summer's rolling stone is gathering no moss, so we had best make hay while the sun shines, Nellie. Right now the backyard "fig" harvest is occurring. What I don't grab, the robins, blue jays, and doves will!

On the road again, kids....
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm jealous. We get only a few figs at the grocery store this time of year, and they cost about a buck a fig.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Ooh, a backyard fig tree. That sounds as exotic as my New Orleans pals with a banana tree and my West Coast buds with their orange, lemon and lime trees.

I have milkweed growing in my backyard. Does that count!?

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

At least you have that. The small Christmas tree that we planted years ago in the common area was last year stripped of nearly all its branches and this year is gone. There must be some metaphor for life in there.
Chris