Bad Movies You Love

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Bronxgirl48

Re: Bad Movies You Love

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Hibi and CinemaInternational, both of you have superb taste in Bad Movies!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: August 31st, 2023, 7:57 pm Hibi and CinemaInternational, both of you have superb taste in Bad Movies!
Thanks! LOL.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Poor Kim didn't find out her voice had been dubbed as Elsa until the movie premiered! No wonder she left Hollywood. They could've used Hildegarde for the German language version of The Exorcist!
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Hibi wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:28 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: August 31st, 2023, 3:11 pm LOL true

And there are so many awful scenes it's hard to pick just one as an example of the badness.
I think the Circus scene with Kim mouthing Hidegarde Knef's words might be the worst!
I love, love, love THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE!

I finally shared this movie with the sweetie.
We're still together so at least my sanity wasn't called into question.

The sweetie got a kick out of the crying clowns during the circus sequence.

This is now our go-to image for "ugly crier"

Image:
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Hibi wrote: September 1st, 2023, 10:14 am Poor Kim didn't find out her voice had been dubbed as Elsa until the movie premiered! No wonder she left Hollywood. They could've used Hildegarde for the German language version of The Exorcist!

LOL
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

ROBOT MONSTER brings me ineffable joy.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Found another one, but given that this one has a lot of hard edged elements (nudity, sex, wife swapping, language, drug use, murders including offscreen beheading, and a dead dog that is clearly a stuffed animal), classic fans might want to proceed with caution...

It's 1987's Tough Guys Don't Dance, a spoof/homage to noir with Ryan O'Neal as a hard living writer prone to blackouts who begins to fear he might be responsible for two beheading deaths, one of them being his vampy wife, but as the film unspools, mostly in flashback, it becomes clear how wild this film is. The dialogue is in the most purplish prose imaginable , with most lines coming off as some of the campiest howls this side of Valley of the Dolls. This is glow-in-the-dark bad dialogue written by Norman Mailer of all people! (He also directed)

All the other roles are small, but keep an eye out for Isabella Rossellini and a bald, elderly, scene stealing Lawrence Tierney.

The best way to sum up how wild this film is is to report that comic and famed athiest Penn Jillette has a cameo as a hypocrite, a hillbilly Baptist minister into wife swapping and putting personal ads in Screw magazine.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS (1966) is on Svenghoulie tonight, a BAD movie I like, but don't love, yet made me think of others of its ilk that I do love.

The first one I must mention is GOKE, BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL (1968) the most manga Japanese movie I know of, sans Kaiju. Weird, gripping, violent, hilarious, absurdly over-busy, definitely a Messterpiece of WTF?

I LOVE IT!

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

MOTHRA (1961) Shown on TCM last night, I can't say I love it, but it sure is interesting... and ridiculous! Miniature people and behe-Moth. :yahoo:
Fond memories of real kid stuff I watched on TV broadcasts decades ago. "Motzulama! Motzulai...! Ing gang gork..."

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Allhallowsday wrote: September 30th, 2023, 9:44 pm Image
Can anyone elaborate what "FLIC" on the poster stands for? Just the "LIC"....I know what the F is. :D
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

TikiSoo wrote: October 1st, 2023, 6:57 am
Allhallowsday wrote: September 30th, 2023, 9:44 pm Image
Can anyone elaborate what "FLIC" on the poster stands for? Just the "LIC"....I know what the F is. :D
Flic is French slang for the police: cop...
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

TikiSoo wrote: October 1st, 2023, 6:57 am
Sorry Tiki, but I have no idea here about that.

And, in the same way I have no idea why Allhallows would post this 'RoboCop' poster in a thread that's supposed to be about bad movies we love, as it's generally viewed as being a very good film and one of the best sci-fi flicks of the 1980s.

(...holds a 7.6 IMDb rating, in fact)
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

"Half man, half machine, all cop"
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Does the Hunger count as a bad movie? I certainly don’t love it but it was a time killer.