Another but low key Royal Wedding

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Another but low key Royal Wedding

Post by stuart.uk »

Today sees the marriage of Princess Anne's daughter Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall. It's a low key affair, the wedding held in Scotland. They may even overtake the Beckam's as UK sporting Royality. Zara is a former 3 day eventing World Champion, while Rob has Captained the English rugby union team. He's quoted as saying he'd love Zara just as much if she had been a checkout girl in a supermarket.
Last edited by stuart.uk on July 30th, 2011, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vecchiolarry

Re: Another but low key Royal Wedding

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Stuart,

Are they having this wedding in Scotland because The Queen is now in residence at Balmoral?
Or do one or both of them have ties to Scotland?

In any case, I do think it's nice that a wedding with royal connections is being held in Scotland.

Larry
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Zara went to boarding school in Scotland and it's reckoned to be one of the reasons for it being held north of the border. My Brother and his family are going to try and catch a sight of the couple, but it's been reported that the public won't see anything as the event is so low key.

There was a couple, who where due to marry in the venue Zara and Mike are tying the knot, but happily agreed to change venues, so the Royals could have their special day. That was a really nice gesture
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

That was a nice gesture by the other couple, I hope they have been duly thanked by the Royals. The palace wouldn't let them sell the wedding to Hello magazine after the furore caused by Peter Phillips wedding. I hoping to see the pictures tomorrow in the Sunday papers.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin