Took a lot to get here, but registered at last...so hello!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Lomm
Administrator

Re: Took a lot to get here, but registered at last...so hello!

Post by Lomm »

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve removed the requirement for email confirmation. It seems to wind up in spam folders or never get delivered at all. People can now just register and start posting. If it makes it too easy and we see an influx of trolls, I’ll bring the ban hammer with me, just let me know. :lol:
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Lomm wrote: January 16th, 2023, 11:56 am If it makes it too easy and we see an influx of trolls, I’ll bring the ban hammer with me, just let me know.
LOL "Ban Hammer"
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

This is not the user name I want. I registered my other name (jimimac71), the one I use everywhere else, but it didn't take. I was supposed to receive an email confirmation which never happened. It is frustrating as no one is answering me from Admin. I sent a message 4 times and nothing happens. I did get this account without an email confirmation, but my jimimac71 account is there but not usable.
As for the ban hammer, I know it well. Permanent ban from the TCM forum years ago.
Closed my account with TopBilled due to irreconcilable differences. Now I am totally banned there too.
I'm not a troll, but can be difficult sometimes. A slap on the hand will keep me in check.
I believe a complete ban, all the way down to the ISP should be unlawful, but it has now happened twice.
If memory serves me TikiSoo, you are the one who can't watch black and white films in a theater.
That's all I can remember. Anyway, welcome to the forum as a moderator.
Treat me like a human being and we will get along fine. Not everyone realizes we are real people.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

iluv78s wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:24 pm
Closed my account with TopBilled due to irreconcilable differences. Now I am totally banned there too.
I'm surprised to hear that, as you seemed to be getting along very well with others on there. Things must have turned sour after I left.

Several people were having troubles with the authentication e-mails, so the admins removed the requirement very recently.

There are a couple of music threads active here, as I know that's more where your interests lie.
Watching until the end.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

iluv78s wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:24 pm This is not the user name I want. I registered my other name (jimimac71), the one I use everywhere else, but it didn't take. I was supposed to receive an email confirmation which never happened. It is frustrating as no one is answering me from Admin. I sent a message 4 times and nothing happens. I did get this account without an email confirmation, but my jimimac71 account is there but not usable.
As for the ban hammer, I know it well. Permanent ban from the TCM forum years ago.
I'm not a troll, but can be difficult sometimes. A slap on the hand will keep me in check.
I believe a complete ban, all the way down to the ISP should be unlawful, but it has now happened twice.
If memory serves me TikiSoo, you are the one who can't watch black and white films in a theater.
That's all I can remember. Anyway, welcome to the forum as a moderator.
Treat me like a human being and we will get along fine. Not everyone realizes we are real people.
I have seen no emails. I think the email system here winds up with everything in a spam folder somehow. Or, the admin email is going to Moira, who was the board founder and has sadly passed away. In any case, I believe I could delete the other account you aren't able to use and also change your username. But you'd have to log in with the new username and the same password that you are using now, whatever that might be. So I won't change anything until you reply to this telling me that's what you'd like to do. Then next time you visit you could log in as jimimac71. Let me know!
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I've fixed the email now. It was indeed going to an account that nobody has access to. Now it will go to [email protected], which I will receive. :)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Lomm ... Yes, I'd prefer using my jimimac71 name.
This forum is different and it may take time for me to adjust.
The reply feature looks odd.
I do have to ask why the requirement is so small for the avatar. Less than 48K I believe.
LawrenceA ... Thanks. You are a good person and I remember you from the TCM forum.
You were very kind to our old pal Spence. You may have been the one to fix his avatar.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Username has been changed.

As for avatar size, it's set to 5MB and up to 20x20 in size, with 300x350 resolution. To me that seems large enough. A lot of forums I've visited have much smaller avatars than that (usually 100x150).
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Lomm wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:18 pm Username has been changed.
Thank You!!!
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

In case you missed, I edited in a bit about the avatar size limits, Jimi.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Thank You Again!!!
Albertine S.

Post by Albertine S. »

Lomm, could you change my user name ever so slightly? I tried to register as Albertine, but like some other folks, I never
received a confirmation email. Now that confirmations are no longer needed I tried to register again as Albertine, but that
name was already taken.....by me. If you could change it from Albertine S. back to Albertine I would appreciate it. Thanks. :D
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Lomm wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:18 pm Username has been changed.

As for avatar size, it's set to 5MB and up to 20x20 in size, with 300x350 resolution. To me that seems large enough. A lot of forums I've visited have much smaller avatars than that (usually 100x150).
Would it be possible to change my user name from Cuithbert to Swithin?

Thanks.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Lomm wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:18 pm
I am sorry to say that I am confused. My avatar is much larger than most. Am I illegal?

I remember at one time having to use IrfanView's: 'Set File Size' feature when composing an avatar in order to meet a site's requirements. It may have been here. That is a feature which changes factors used in compressing a file so that it results in a sufficiently small file with minimal loss of image quality. I have read that this results often in an uncompressed image much larger than the compressed file size suggests is possible.

Does my avatar truly meet system requirements or was a decision made once that I am like red-headed stepchild and must be indulged in my eccentricities because I am so obviously incapable of obeying rules?
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Your avatar is 300x345, Masha. :)