Hello gentlefolk!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Hillworth

Hello gentlefolk!

Post by Hillworth »

Just signed up and thought it proper to say hello. This wonderful forum has often appeared in my Google Alerts, so I thought I'd join the fray and make an account. I have a fondness for the films and music of the 30's and 40's, with a special affinity for Rita Hayworth.

Look forward to reading the archived threads and conversing with you all.

- Kory
"I want to live, but I want to vanish. I want to go away and change my name and never be heard of again."
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Hello gentlefolk!

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome Kory!
I think you'll find many people who share your appreciation for the '30s and '40s and Ms. Hayworth (fellow member kingme's ears are burning now!). Enjoy, take your time looking around, and I hope you'll let us know if we can be of any help. Thank you for taking the trouble to become a member. It's really great to meet others with similar affinities.

-Moira

P.S. Your very young Rita avatar is lovely.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Hillworth wrote:Just signed up and thought it proper to say hello. This wonderful forum has often appeared in my Google Alerts, so I thought I'd join the fray and make an account. I have a fondness for the films and music of the 30's and 40's, with a special affinity for Rita Hayworth.

Look forward to reading the archived threads and conversing with you all.

- Kory
Check out my thread of Rita Hayworth ... I collected hundreds of photos of her in my lifetime ... I love your Avatar!
Welcome Aboard!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Hillworth,

Welcome to the Oasis! Hope you will explore our community and feel free to join the conversation, or better yet, feel free to start one!

We love talking movies!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Welcome Hillworth, hope you have a good time here :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Great to have you with us! I'm new in town myself. We love talking about movies and we learn a lot. Do you know the Stephen King story RITA HAYWORTH AND SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION? It's the basis for the movie, of course. The title refers to a poster on the wall of a character's cell.

Jump right in and share your thoughts!
Hillworth

Post by Hillworth »

moirafinnie wrote:Welcome Kory!
I think you'll find many people who share your appreciation for the '30s and '40s and Ms. Hayworth (fellow member kingme's ears are burning now!). Enjoy, take your time looking around, and I hope you'll let us know if we can be of any help. Thank you for taking the trouble to become a member. It's really great to meet others with similar affinities.

-Moira

P.S. Your very young Rita avatar is lovely.
Hello Moira! Thank you for the welcome. I am so struck by how polite and eloquent everyone here is. Increasingly rare today, especially on the internet!
kingme wrote:Check out my thread of Rita Hayworth ... I collected hundreds of photos of her in my lifetime ... I love your Avatar!
Welcome Aboard!
I'll be making my way to your thread very soon! Your thread is the one I was referring to that always showed up in my Rita alerts! 8)
Lzcutter wrote:Hillworth,

Welcome to the Oasis! Hope you will explore our community and feel free to join the conversation, or better yet, feel free to start one!

We love talking movies!
Thank you for the welcome!
charliechaplinfan wrote:Welcome Hillworth, hope you have a good time here :D
Thank you! Maybe I can learn some things here about Mr. Chaplin, about whom I must admit I know very little.
RedRiver wrote:Great to have you with us! I'm new in town myself. We love talking about movies and we learn a lot. Do you know the Stephen King story RITA HAYWORTH AND SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION? It's the basis for the movie, of course. The title refers to a poster on the wall of a character's cell.

Jump right in and share your thoughts!
Hello and yes I am familiar with that story and film. :)
"I want to live, but I want to vanish. I want to go away and change my name and never be heard of again."
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

You raise a good point about politeness and eloquence. Rare in general. Especially, as you say, on the internet. Sometimes I'd settle for good grammar!