SPORTS

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: SPORTS

Post by Dargo »

NoShear wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:09 pm
Dargo wrote: February 12th, 2024, 3:34 pm Great game, and just as I had predicted to a friend, with the stumbles of one team's Special Team play (the Niners' in this case) having a major effect upon the game's final score.

(...to recap in this regard: the Niners failing to secure that one punt return which immediately lead to that KC touchdown, and their early in the game blocked extra-point attempt which then led to KC only having to kick that last second field goal in regulation in order to send the game into OT)
That extra point glitch was such a shame, Dargo: The 49ers did an admirable job of mostly containing the Chiefs until Patrick Mahomes caught fire on the last series of downs.
Yep, the Niners' excellent defense of Mahomes in the first half reminded me a lot of how the then Tom Brady-led Buccaneers defensed him during the blowout of SB LIV of a few years back.

However, I always had a feeling that Mahomes was not going to be held in-check like that during this year's entire game.

(...and why as I also said the other day that even though I'd be kind'a sort'a rooting for the Niners, I still felt KC would prevail)
laffite

Post by laffite »

jimimac71 wrote: February 12th, 2024, 5:52 pm Bet I could get a whole can of tennis balls in Taylor’s yapper.
That yapper makes a lot of bread and butter.
Mona
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

laffite wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:37 pm
jimimac71 wrote: February 12th, 2024, 5:52 pm Bet I could get a whole can of tennis balls in Taylor’s yapper.
I will never understand why.
Andree

Post by Andree »

I didn't watch the game because I already had Chiefs fatigue. I was watching TCM and between
the two movies I caught the last five minutes of OT. Must have been a good game. Got to make
those PATs.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
laffite

Post by laffite »

jimimac71 wrote: February 12th, 2024, 8:29 pm
laffite wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:37 pm
I will never understand why.
Hard to figure the hoi polloi.
Mona
NoShear

Post by NoShear »

I just read of the following athlete's passing:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... owl-12-win

Interestingly, Golden Richards is said to have worn Dallas Cowboys star Bob Hayes' #22 while attending BYU for his speed and would later supplant Hayes as the fastest Cowboy!!