Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

Re: Memes

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha wrote: November 17th, 2022, 10:48 pm I wish this to be a thread to innocently provoke quick smiles or thought. Please do not post any political, racist or religious material.
Please do not post Tweets, Facebook screencaps, YouTube videos or other material which links outside this forum. You are free to create your own thread if you feel the need to post such things.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Masha wrote: March 15th, 2023, 7:06 pm
Masha wrote: November 17th, 2022, 10:48 pm I wish this to be a thread to innocently provoke quick smiles or thought. Please do not post any political, racist or religious material.
Please do not post Tweets, Facebook screencaps, YouTube videos or other material which links outside this forum. You are free to create your own thread if you feel the need to post such things.
Beside quoting yourself, am I right?, you are being somewhat bossy, telling us all what we should post and shouldn't post. Why should you care? You want a dead thread? The whole problem with this board is willy nilly threads. Everyday day a new thread. It's time consuming and mostly fruitless. Have say 20 threads. I think everybody can express themselves on 1 of 20 threads. Also, I dont know what racist means.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:04 pm
Masha wrote: March 15th, 2023, 7:06 pm
Beside quoting yourself, am I right?, you are being somewhat bossy, telling us all what we should post and shouldn't post. Why should you care? You want a dead thread? The whole problem with this board is willy nilly threads. Everyday day a new thread. It's time consuming and mostly fruitless. Have say 20 threads. I think everybody can express themselves on 1 of 20 threads. Also, I dont know what racist means.
Thompson, at TCM and presumably here as well, the one who initiates a thread defines the rules. And it is universally accepted (I believe) by other members. It is not considered "bossy."

It could be that you were not a long time poster and TCM and therefore may not know this.

Cheers, Thompson.

p.s hey about launching a slice of pizza out here in gutter alley. No anchovies.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Please do not post any political, racist or religious material.
This goes without saying....
(there's a classic phrase for you Masha)

If anyone is offended by a linked meme or post, please just press the report button.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Hey! Isn't that too political for this thread, Dargo?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: March 19th, 2023, 7:11 pm Hey! Isn't that too political for this thread, Dargo?
Considering Masha the OP of this thread and the person who would have the final say-so in this regard "liked" it and apparently found it a funny response to her previous Homonym meme, I wouldn't think so.

(...although sure, I suppose it does obliquely make reference to a particular political POV, but that's what makes the pun within it clever)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: March 19th, 2023, 9:58 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: March 19th, 2023, 7:11 pm Hey! Isn't that too political for this thread, Dargo?
Considering Masha the OP of this thread and the person who would have the final say-so in this regard "liked" it and apparently found it a funny response to her previous Homonym meme, I wouldn't think so.

(...although sure, I suppose it does obliquely make reference to a particular political POV, but that's what makes it funny)
Maybe I'll get away with one someday too. :smiley_innocent:
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:07 pm
Dargo wrote: March 19th, 2023, 9:58 pm

(...although sure, I suppose it does obliquely make reference to a particular political POV, but that's what makes it funny)
Maybe I'll get away with one someday too. :smiley_innocent:
LOL

Well, the fine art of Subtlety can often be an elusive thing for many of us, ya know. Myself included.

(...but I still have faith in ya here anyway) ;)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Thank you, Dargo.

Your faith in me uplifts my life force.