Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: Humorous Memes

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: March 24th, 2024, 11:47 pm Image
Yeowww

(...gee, I wonder why I'm now thinking of John Hurt's chest cavity here?!)
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Masha wrote: March 24th, 2024, 11:47 pm Image
I get really annoyed when people dismiss really cool ideas with one destructive word like that.
Why have some so wholly embraced mean criticisms as funny?

If anyone can find a meme of an old lady bewildered/offended by changing culture I'd appreciate it. Masha seems to always find a perfect theme meme. Dargo too. I'm clueless. Obviously a relic.

Maybe it's time to change my avatar-

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

TikiSoo wrote: March 25th, 2024, 8:13 am
If anyone can find a meme of an old lady bewildered/offended by changing culture I'd appreciate it. Masha seems to always find a perfect theme meme. Dargo too. I'm clueless. Obviously a relic.

Maybe it's time to change my avatar-
Well Tiki, I suppose you COULD begin to use the following one as your avatar that I used to post on the old TCM boards after one of the mods over there either edited out something they felt was "offensive" and/or would delete someone's post entirely because of it...

;)

(...but somehow I don't think it really fits your overall persona, and would prefer you keeping that pic of yourself that has always reminded me of Streisand dressed up as Harpo during that Hollywood party scene in 'The Way We Were')
Masha

Post by Masha »

TikiSoo wrote: March 25th, 2024, 8:13 am
I get really annoyed when people dismiss really cool ideas with one destructive word like that.
Why have some so wholly embraced mean criticisms as funny?
I believe that this is an instance when the comment is beneficial. To read of an artist doing a odd thing is of interest but quickly forgotten. The addition of such a complete non sequitur causes people to remember it.

This particular comment speaks far more of the mindset of some critics than it does of the originality or intent of the artist.

Many things are not to my taste and I have no feelings one way or other about them. One practice which I do feel should lead to the creators being placed against a wall and shot for crimes against civilized behaviour is the RiffTrax/MST3K garbage which ridicules directors, screenwriters and actors for the sake of a few mindless guffaws. That is destructive.

I am sorry to say that I do not have in my collection of memes any instance of a befuddled senior lady. This is the nearest thing which I can find:

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I like TikiSoo's avatar too.
In the above picture from Dargo, that's the face of someone who didn't think there would be any odor.
The above (cats) from Masha is pretty darn gross.
The above hound dog is my kind of funny.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jimimac71 wrote: March 25th, 2024, 3:38 pm ...In the above picture from Dargo, that's the face of someone who didn't think there would be any odor.
And then of course there's the younger version of that, jimimac.

(...Kirsten Stewart's usual natural expression)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Last edited by Masha on April 1st, 2024, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:33 pm Image
Gee, I don't think I know who this is. BUT, she looks like someone who might've been in one of those British sitcoms from 1970s or '80s, anyway!

(...okay, actually I DO know who this is Masha, and I gotta say I'm REALLY surprised that you, in particular, posted this one here) ;)
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

Dargo wrote: March 26th, 2024, 5:47 pm
Masha wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:33 pm Image
Gee, I don't think I know who this is. BUT, she looks like someone who might've been in one of those British sitcoms from 1970s or '80s, anyway!

(...okay, actually I DO know who this is Masha, and I gotta say I'm REALLY surprised that you, in particular, posted this one here) ;)
Looks more like the stern wife of a USSR Premier from the 60s or 70s to me. Come to think of it, that's probably not too far off the mark.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

txfilmfan wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:01 pm

Looks more like the stern wife of a USSR Premier from the 60s or 70s to me. Come to think of it, that's probably not too far off the mark.
LOL

Yeah, but Tex, where's the babushka in that case??? Wouldn't he..ahem..I mean "she" be coverin' his..ahem..I mean her head with one of THOSE if that were the case here?! ;)

(...and so, naah, I'm gonna stick with him..ahem, DAMN IT..I mean HER lookin' more like some character you'd see on PBS or if you've ordered that BritBox thing!)
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

Dargo wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:31 pm
txfilmfan wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:01 pm

LOL

Yeah, but Tex, where's the babushka in that case??? Wouldn't he..ahem..I mean "she" be coverin' his..ahem..I mean her head with one of THOSE if that were the case here?! ;)

(...and so, naah, I'm gonna stick with him..ahem, DAMN IT..I mean HER lookin' more like some character you'd see on PBS or if you've ordered that BritBox thing!)
Well the hair does have a Mrs Slocombe look about it - even looks as though there are different colors streaked through there...
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »