Familiar faces, new forum

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
laffite

Re: Familiar faces, new forum

Post by laffite »

I just went to MEMBERS and counted from the end. The list of members are not in alphabetical order, rather in order of registration date. I counted 50 names from the end who have joined up from TCM. This is low number, I'm sure, there were some already her before the recent migration and I probably didn't go back far enough (I was getting a lot of unfamiliar names so I stopped). Prior to Nov 30 this site was getting very few posts per day, less than 5 a day (on the days I checked). I just checked FCT (top) and they have 81, they have the number of members listed on opening page. This accumulation was first started on Oct 19, the first news about the dissolution of TCM Forum.

FWIW
"Pippo"
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: December 13th, 2022, 5:59 pm I just went to MEMBERS and counted from the end. The list of members are not in alphabetical order, rather in order of registration date. I counted 50 names from the end who have joined up from TCM. This is low number, I'm sure, there were some already her before the recent migration and I probably didn't go back far enough (I was getting a lot of unfamiliar names so I stopped). Prior to Nov 30 this site was getting very few posts per day, less than 5 a day (on the days I checked). I just checked FCT (top) and they have 81, they have the number of members listed on opening page. This accumulation was first started on Oct 19, the first news about the dissolution of TCM Forum.

FWIW
Yep, this was what I did as well earlier, laffite. However in my case and as I've just told Hibi, I counted 67 new SSO members since the day (Oct. 20th) EP Millstone appeared to be the first of us to migrate here.

(...and yes, there were a few names I also didn't recognize but then considered the idea that some of the old TCM.com regulars have decided to use a different handle than the one they used on the TCM boards)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:17 pm
laffite wrote: December 13th, 2022, 5:59 pm I just went to MEMBERS and counted from the end. The list of members are not in alphabetical order, rather in order of registration date. I counted 50 names from the end who have joined up from TCM. This is low number, I'm sure, there were some already her before the recent migration and I probably didn't go back far enough (I was getting a lot of unfamiliar names so I stopped). Prior to Nov 30 this site was getting very few posts per day, less than 5 a day (on the days I checked). I just checked FCT (top) and they have 81, they have the number of members listed on opening page. This accumulation was first started on Oct 19, the first news about the dissolution of TCM Forum.

FWIW
Yep, this was what I did as well earlier, laffite. However in my case and as I've just told Hibi, I counted 67 new SSO members since the day (Oct. 20th) EP Millstone appeared to be the first of us to migrate here.

(...and yes, there were a few names I also didn't recognize but then considered the idea that some of the old TCM.com regulars have decided to use a different handle than the one they used on the TCM boards)
Thanks, Dargo. You did a better job. I didn't know there were dates of registration. FCT has an edge then, unless TB recruited a few of his own.
"Pippo"
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:37 am ALSO...I enabled multiple pages of the "recent topics" feature...meaning that you won't have to dig into the separate forums to see the past several days of recent topics. I think this is basically the same as going to "active topics" through the menu, so that's not really necessary now. I hope this makes things easier to navigate around here now!
Lomm,

Thank you for that improvement and for all you do on the SSO!

And thank you also for being receptive, responsive, and for participating in the discussions -- such a welcome (by me, anyway) and satisfying change of pace from the tight-lipped cabal of moderators on The TCM Message Boards (whom I don't miss AT ALL!).

POLL: Do you want a Like button?
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: December 13th, 2022, 8:49 pm
Lomm wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:37 am ALSO...I enabled multiple pages of the "recent topics" feature...meaning that you won't have to dig into the separate forums to see the past several days of recent topics. I think this is basically the same as going to "active topics" through the menu, so that's not really necessary now. I hope this makes things easier to navigate around here now!
Lomm,

And thank you also for being receptive, responsive, and for participating in the discussions -- such a welcome (by me, anyway) and satisfying change of pace from the tight-lipped cabal of moderators on The TCM Message Boards (whom I don't miss AT ALL!).

HERE, HERE! :smilie_happy_thumbup:
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Thanks, Lomm. Nobody at the other board took the time or the patience to help us lost noir souls. Very refreshing to have a man of action in the noir corner!
laffite

Post by laffite »

Vast improvement. Thank you again.
"Pippo"
Masha

Post by Masha »

Hibi wrote: December 13th, 2022, 2:43 pm
How do you find out how many in the past 24 hrs?
I am sorry to say that I do not know unless you are able and willing to compile it manually.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
umop apisdn

Post by umop apisdn »

I love the new changes, makes using the forums a lot easier. Thank you for the changes! :)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

The removal of all that red makes the board look much more attractive!
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 6:17 pm

FWIW

I made a list of some of the people who came over from TCM whose names I recognized. Also, have "new" names of some people who changed theirs. Did note that some people here have used signature feature to show their previous TCM names.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I think both subjects came up at different times. How can that site have 722 GUESTS???? (saying that today) Should have quoted this to Dargo.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 8:57 pm
Lomm,

HERE, HERE! :smilie_happy_thumbup:

LIKE!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lomm,

LIKE!
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Hibi wrote: December 14th, 2022, 10:36 am I think both subjects came up at different times. How can that site have 722 GUESTS???? (saying that today) Should have quoted this to Dargo.
Just a guess but that might include the same people viewing the website at different times of day as different people. (ie the same person visits at 8 AM and 8 PM but it is listed as two people in the counter).