POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll has ended!

Do you want a Like button?

Poll ended at December 22nd, 2022, 2:45 pm

YES, I want a Like button.
60%
NO, I do not want a Like button.
40%

Total votes: 25

Swithin

Re: POLL: Do you want a Like button? Poll has ended!

Post by Swithin »

laffite wrote: December 30th, 2022, 9:10 pm
Not bad. Except the pulsating heart. I was in the habit of inserting a heart next to a name of fave beauties, but I wanted it to be sweet. All that pulsating makes it inappropriately aggressive (as if i were a dirty old man). At least this one is less so that the one we have. Reminds me of Pinkerton waiting breathlessly to get his hands all over Cio-Cio-San.
Now I need the laugh button!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

After the holidays and over the next few weeks Lomm will do some research to see how we can integrate a like button into the forums. It is a one-man tech crew so as time allows he will see what he can find. Hang in there.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

movieman1957 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 9:38 am After the holidays and over the next few weeks Lomm will do some research to see how we can integrate a like button into the forums. It is a one-man tech crew so as time allows he will see what he can find. Hang in there.

If there is a Like button, there should also be Dislike or Disagree button, as well as the Confused button that TCM used.
But, my opinion still remains: We don't need no stinking buttons.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

ElCid wrote: December 31st, 2022, 12:44 pm
movieman1957 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 9:38 am After the holidays and over the next few weeks Lomm will do some research to see how we can integrate a like button into the forums. It is a one-man tech crew so as time allows he will see what he can find. Hang in there.

If there is a Like button, there should also be Dislike or Disagree button, as well as the Confused button that TCM used.
But, my opinion still remains: We don't need no stinking buttons.
There should not be a 'Dislike" or "Disagree" button.

I agree that the "Like" is not needed, but under no circumstances should there be a "Dislike" button.
laffite

Post by laffite »

HoldenIsHere wrote: December 31st, 2022, 5:20 pm
There should not be a 'Dislike" or "Disagree" button.

I agree that the "Like" is not needed, but under no circumstances should there be a "Dislike" button.
With a dislike button there could be a strain of unresolved resentment. To press a dislike button is to hit and run.
Catherine Deneuve in The Murri Affaire
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

movieman1957,

Thank you for the update!

Again I totally understand about the SSO relying on a "one-man tech crew." Here are some phpBB community discussions and resources that, I hope, will be useful to Lomm:
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Just popping in here to reiterate what movieman1957 posted earlier in the thread. Lomm is definitely looking into the issue to see how we can best integrate the 'like button' feature. Thank you all for your input, and many thanks to Lomm. :smiley_clap:
SueX2
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

And with that, locking this poll thread as well. All that needs to be said has been said, and then some. I'll get to this as soon as I have some free time.